Westerdam Cruise Review by jessjo

Cruise Date: August 2009
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: vh
See More About: Westerdam Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Westerdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Westerdam Deck Plans
MOST
This cruise was not only the best CRUISE I've ever taken, it was the best VACATION I have ever taken! The process was smooth and easy even starting at the pier. The ship was very clean and very classy. The staff was SO friendly...........ALL of them. They really made us feel as though we were the only guests they had ever seen. The food was REALLY REALLY good.........even the buffet! The entertainment was superb. I am not a fan of Elton John, but even I loved the Elton John performance, which, by the way, got a standing-O. One of the nights of entertainment consisted of a Vegas-style show, and the performance and the costumes (Bob Mackey) were superb.

I went on 4 excursions, and all of them were wonderful. Very easy to book, find, and get to. If you are physically able, I highly recommend the Guide's Choice Adventure Hike in Juneau. Very gorgeous, invigorating, refreshing, spiritual........etc.

I must admit that I was a little worried that this cruise would mostly be older people (I have nothing against older people, I just really enjoy my nightlife and partying, and I was concerned that the ship would turn into a ghost town at night), but there were ALL age groups. And, the nightlife was more abundant than any other ship I've ever been on. Nathan Temby in the piano bar was my usual nightly hangout. He is awesome. I must give a shout-out to the Cruise Director, Johnny Quinn! He was fantastic. He was born to be a Cruise Director! Very dynamic, friendly, NOT CHEESY, classy and sweet. He should be the one to train CD's everywhere on ALL cruiselines. I can't say enough good things about this vacation. I highly recommend it!

Publication Date: 08/27/09
Read the Alaska ports review by jessjo
More Westerdam Cruise Reviews