Westerdam Cruise Review by jessjo: MOST

Member Since 2009

Sail Date: August 2009
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

This cruise was not only the best CRUISE I've ever taken, it was the best VACATION I have ever taken! The process was smooth and easy even starting at the pier. The ship was very clean and very classy. The staff was SO friendly...........ALL of them. They really made us feel as though we were the only guests they had ever seen. The food was REALLY REALLY good.........even the buffet! The entertainment was superb. I am not a fan of Elton John, but even I loved the Elton John performance, which, by the way, got a standing-O. One of the nights of entertainment consisted of a Vegas-style show, and the performance and the costumes (Bob Mackey) were superb.

I went on 4 excursions, and all of them were wonderful. Very easy to book, find, and get to. If you are physically able, I highly recommend the Guide's Choice Adventure Hike in Juneau. Very gorgeous, invigorating, refreshing, spiritual........etc.

I must admit that I was a little worried that this cruise More would mostly be older people (I have nothing against older people, I just really enjoy my nightlife and partying, and I was concerned that the ship would turn into a ghost town at night), but there were ALL age groups. And, the nightlife was more abundant than any other ship I've ever been on. Nathan Temby in the piano bar was my usual nightly hangout. He is awesome. I must give a shout-out to the Cruise Director, Johnny Quinn! He was fantastic. He was born to be a Cruise Director! Very dynamic, friendly, NOT CHEESY, classy and sweet. He should be the one to train CD's everywhere on ALL cruiselines. I can't say enough good things about this vacation. I highly recommend it! Less

Published 08/27/09

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review >>

Cabin review: vh

We had an inside stateroom with no window.......and we LOVED it! Yep, LOVED IT! Our first choice was a balcony room, but we waited too long to book (our fault) and had to have an inside room. It wasn't bad at all. It was even bigger than we anticipated. The room stewards were fabulous!

If you can do a pretty strenuous hike for at least 4 miles, DO THIS ONE! It's the Guide's Choice Adventure Hike. I absolutely loved it for every, excercise, dynamic scenery, of course Mendenhall Glacier........AWSOME!!!!
Read 948 Juneau Reviews

The town itself is so quaint and old and picturesque, and the Butchart Gardens are a must-see!
Read 630 Victoria Reviews