Fun Time with My Granddaughter!: Carnival Valor Cruise Review by purplesailor

purplesailor
Member Since 2015
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Fun Time with My Granddaughter!

Sail Date: April 2017
Embarkation: Galveston
My 12-year-old granddaughter only had a 4-day week-end from school for Easter. She wanted to go on a cruise with me. So I booked this one. It was a really fun-time bonding one-on-one with her. We went snorkeling on our day in Cozumel. A first-time experience for her and she was so excided to see what's in the beautiful blue Caribbean. She wants to do that again. The food and service were excellent. She is a picky eater and she was able to enjoy food she liked at each meal. We loved the patriotic décor on the Carnival Valor. We loved the shows/entertainment also.

The embarkation and disembarkation went the smoothest of any cruise I have been on so far and that would be six.

The only complaint was at the Chocolate Bar where we waited in a very long line and all she wanted was a bowl of the chocolate. It was listed as available on the menu sign. When we finally get to the chocolate fountain, she was adamantly told NO to the request for the bowl of More chocolate. I also asked and again the answer was NO! That is disappointing to a child especially since the only reason she stood in line was because the menu sign said it was available. Less

Published 05/04/17

Cabin review: 4A7241 Interior

The cabin was perfect for the two of us. Yes, it is an inside cabin, but, we were only in the room to change clothes and sleep. The dark room is great for sleeping.

Read All Interior (4A) Reviews >>

Snorkeling

It was a very small group (6) of snorkelers, We were taken to four snorkeling spots over a four plus hour period. We were provided with drinks and food. The guides were excellent. Highly recommed.

It was a very easy embarkation. It all flowed very smoothly and we were on board in no time.

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

3 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X