First Back to Back: Carnival Valor Cruise Review by raynvic

Overall Member Rating

First Back to Back

Sail Date: April 2017
Embarkation: Galveston
We opted for a 4 day and 5 day for our first Back to Back. The only downside was that it was Easter weekend and Springbreak for some, so there were tons of kids. With the Aft pool now open to kids, the only place to escape is the Serenity Deck. The do a very good job of keeping those under 21 out of this area.

The staff on the Valor are some of the friendliest and happy Carnival employees I have seen in awhile. Recently on the Vista and the Splendor, they did not seem happy at all. Our wait staff in the dining room were awesome and provided anything that we asked for. Our Cabin Steward, Wendry served us both cruises, we had one of the L-shaped cabins and are now in love with that cabin. We asked for 2 ice buckets to be filled twice a day and he happily complied. We did have the room serviced only once per day, but as long as we have plenty of towels and ice, that works for us.

Two bar servers, Luis and Joey were always happy to provide whatever we asked for. More The Alchemy bar is still a favorite. We saw both shows, and the Carnival Singers and Dancers do a good job. I always prefer these style of shows over magicians, jugglers, etc. The comedians were the same every night on both cruises. Brian was hysterical. Thea was okay, but got a little old after awhile.

The Casino staff was by far the best I have experienced. I like to play craps, but some cruises do not play more than once or twice. They were friendly, helpful and for the first time in 24 cruises, the pit boss actually bought me a drink. I played 8 out of 9 nights for just an hour or two.

The Valor was a great experience and we are now eligible for our Milestone credit and that much closer to Diamond. Less

Published 05/04/17

Cabin review: 8B7439 Balcony

This was one of the L shaped cabins where the room has a bit longer hallway with the bathroom on the other side of the cabin and the balcony is much longer. This cabin is actually a little bigger than most of the balconies and does not have a couch, only a chair. I would choose this cabin every time. In fact once we got home we switched our cabin on the Breeze to this type for 2018.

Read All Balcony (8B) Reviews >>

This was a terrific recommendation from fellow CC members. We have been to Cozumel countless times and never seen the "other side" of the island. It is beautiful and not to be missed.

Uxmal

We did Progreso on the second leg of the Back to Back. We have been to 5 different ruins, including Chitchen Itza and Tulum. I would say that Uxmal was by far the best we have seen. The tour guides were so informative and knowledgeable about most of the Mayan ruins, not just Uxmal. Highly recommend
Read 22 Uxmal Reviews

621 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X