Star Princess Cruise Review by deckslug

Member Name: deckslug
Cruise Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
First time cruiser
As a first time cruiser, I have fallen in love with this type of travel, but since I only know the Star Princess I don't have a comparison. However, I have traveled for 30 years and dine out often. In addition, I waitressed during college. I chose Anytime Dining and found the food to be "wedding fair" with the breakfast awful. After the first morning, I went to the Horizon buffet for breakfast and found it to be much better than the dining room. I brought it back to my room and sat on the balcony - just fabulous. The coffee was so weak I needed a pitcher, but the staff would not give me one, nor a pitcher of hot water. They told me to order room service! I bought the coffee card, but I did not taste a difference. Was the coffee made from a syrup? Next trip I will bring my own. I was completely surprised with the dining room staff as they were so unfriendly, and actually seemed as though we were bothering them. I tried both Anytime Dining rooms and the staff presented the same way. While still on my entree, one waitress actually put the dessert menu in front of me! There was never conversation and they only answered questions with a yes or no. The room steward seemed friendly and the service fine, but I did not have much contact with him because I never asked for any additional service.

I had an awful experience with the transportation from the ship to Seattle Airport. Although it was with Princess, we waited on the bus for about 20 minutes watching the cabs take off. Another passenger asked the bus driver to open the lavatory and she said she was still taking luggege. The same passenger asked the driver again when she got into the bus and it looked as if we were finally leaving. The driver told her no. Another passenger asked and the driver told the passenger it was only a 15 min. drive to the airport. (of course it is longer). I, too, asked her to open the lavatory relating we were told we would have that facility. The driver refused. It was clearly uncomfortable and next time I will take a cab and/or a different cruiseline. I would love feedback, as again, this was my first cruise.

Publication Date: 08/25/09
Read the Alaska ports review by deckslug
More Star Princess Cruise Reviews