Carnival Legend Cruise Review by msidd: Friends and Family Cruise2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Friends and Family Cruise2009

Sail Date: August 2009
Embarkation: Tampa

We had a party of 16 friends and family. Some experienced cruisers, but most were rookies. We stayed at the Mainsail in Tampa the evening before the cruise. Very nice accommodations and shuttle service to the pier. We had an easy boarding and was amazed by the size of the ship. There was a lot of confusion and crowding on the Lido deck before the rooms were ready and passengers started going to their cabins. This is understandable. Our cabin was very comfortable and our cabin staff was excellent. I spent a couple of nights under the weather and our steward always made a point of checking on me to see if I was okay or needed anything.

We chose the late seating for dinner and was pleasantly surprised with our head waiter Aleksandra (sp) and her assistant Juan. They were excellent and the food was exceptional..especially the Fruit Soups!!

My son and daughter-in-law went ashore at all ports and had a good time in all but they were especially fond of Roatan Island. More

I did not attend any of the shows on board. I did shop and spend some time in the casino. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

We came back in through a tropical storm and it was a bit rocky but it was the middle of the night so not many folks noticed.

We had no trouble leaving the ship and getting through customs. Our worst experience was waiting for our shuttle back to the Mainsail. We waited over an hour, but they made up for the inconvenience. The shuttle to the airport in the morning was on time and we made our flight easily.

All in all it was a wonderful time and I can not say enough about the wonderful staff on board the Legend. Carnival can be proud of them. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Panorama 8116

Wonderful room with a great view. The beds were too, too comfortable. We all want one of the mattresses! There were three in our room and we had no trouble with space.