Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by jayzay55

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by jayzay55
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: jayzay55
Cruise Date: August 2009
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BAL
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        Under 3 4.0
        3-6 4.0
        7-9 4.0
        10-12 4.0
        13-15 4.0
        16+ 4.0

Great time Wild weather!
This would be the first time i had ever visited Alaska i was very excited and the cruise was excellent. We had our fair share of wild weather however i am glad to say that all the problems were resolved.

Our itinerary was supposed to be Juneau, Skagway, Tracy arm fjord and Victoria. Instead due to wild weather our itinerary was Juneau, Endicott arm, Ketchikan and Victoria. When we arrived at Juneau the conditions were horrible and we had to dock 2 hours late. We were fortunate enough because we were allowed to have 2 extra hour in Juneau so instead of leaving at 7:30 we left at 9:30. We arrived in Skagway at 4:am when i woke up i was expecting to see the buetiful port of Skagway, however i was awoken by a message. It said that in Skagway there were gusts up to 60mph! and we wouldn't be stopping there. I was disappointed because i wanted to see the white pass railway. If you booked with RCL you were given a full refund which was nice. Needless to say i was disappointed. The captain said instead of going to Tracy arm the next day we would be going to Endicott arm the same day. I was eating lunch enjoying the beautiful Endicott arm when the captain announced that we would be going to Ketchikan the next day. everyone in the lunchroom started cheering. We then arrived at Dawes glacier and I was struck by the beauty. Ketchikan was great and was actually my favorite port . Finally we reached Victoria and I also I had a good time there.

The ship- The Rhapsody is a fairly old ship. I was disappointed that there was no basketball court as there was on previous RCL cruises. This isnt a great ship for kids even thou we were in Alaska in the summer I didnt see that many teenagers. My kids had a little trouble finding friends but they finally did. The ship is nicely decorated and the Centrum is great.

Entertainment. Jackpot! Our cruise got some of the best performers available. We enjoyed 2 comedy shows from the runner up of the last comic standing , and a hilarious musical comedy impressionist. There was also a nice show called piano man which performs songs from Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles etc. The food- I enjoyed the food in the buffet and the dinning room however there were no alternate resteraunts like other RCL ships. However the pizza was very good in the solarium cafe.

Service: The service was excellent and we all enjoyed our dining room waiters Rhapsody is called "the friendliest ship of the seas" and I cant argue with that!

Cabins. They were small but you must get the balcony. During scenic cruising it is so peaceful on your own private balcony and Balcony rooms are bigger than interior and oceanview staterooms. Even the smallest rooms feature a small sitting area The Rhapsody of the seas is aging a bit but is still a great ship.

Publication Date: 08/23/09