Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by comet_104: BON VOYAGE MAINTENANCE SHIP

Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated

BON VOYAGE MAINTENANCE SHIP

Sail Date: July 2009

I bought a cruise certificate for the Imperial Majesty cruise lines off of Ebay in 2008. I called and booked this cruise for my mom and I. I paid for an oceanview room. In July 2009 my mom and I drove to Port Everglades and took their 3 days cruise. When I got there and checked in they put us in an inside room. When I objected they had no oceanview rooms available. They stuck us in the dundgeon on deck 3 in two separte rooms. The rooms were about 86 square foot. There was no TV in the rooms. The shower and A/C in the rooms did not work. Luckily when I went back to complain a third time this time they gave us an inside cabin on the 7th floor with two twin beds. It was okay. Nothing spectacular. It had a decent sized shower, TV, and thank God the A/C worked. During the cruise there were families that were staying in these rooms that had no A/C. Many of these folks flew to Florida just to take this cruise. I was just reading through previous posts of folks that had taken this cruise More after we did and it seems to me that the NO A/C thing is ONGOING.

The first night we dined in the Crystal Room. Food was okay. The next night we dined at the buffet place where we also had breakfast. The staff doesn't speak english very well but we could understand them. The food was mediocre, the service was very poor. I had to chase down our servers to get tea, water etc. I couldn't believe how small the adult pool was. It looked like it could only fit a handfull of people. The kiddy pool isn't a kiddy pool. It's a slide that drops off into a wading area. Many adults were down there. It was nicer than the adult pool. The auditorium/bar area where they had nightly entertainment was okay. The entertainment was less than mediocre the majority of the time. They ususally had their celebration dancers, followed by a juggler, then a comedian or a guy who was a singer.

when I went to the guest desk for something usually someone was hanging around it complaining about something being wrong with the rooms. I have been on other cruises and have never seen this many dissatisfied people. I would not recommend this cruise to anyone. My mom and I coined the phrase "Happiness is the Bahamas Celebration in our rearview mirror". We nicknamed this ship the "Bon Voyage Maintenance ship" because the staff were always telling the customers that they were working on something that was broke. Bahamas Celebration knows it has problems and should at least ensure that it's rooms as running water in the shower and toilet, and working A/C. These are basic things a human needs in order to survive even in the carribean heat. Major cruise lines such as Carnival, Princess, Royal Carribean and such has better prices for a 3 and 4 night cruise. I am an adequately experienced cruiser. Take my and my mom's advice and stick to the major cruise lines. You'll get your money's worth with those guys and be happier. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Lots of good shopping at Nassau

Read 2631 Nassau Reviews