Island Princess Cruise Review by pjk9999@aol.com

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Island Princess Cruise Review by pjk9999@aol.com
Island Princess
Island Princess
Member Name: pjk9999@aol.com
Cruise Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BC
Cabin Number: B323
See More About: Island Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Island Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Princess Deck Plans
Alaska inside passage
This was my wife and my first cruise, and we went with friends that had been on cruises before. We choose Princess on the advice of friends who had taken several cruises before. Overall we had a great time. We arrived in Vancouver a day and a half early as we had never been to the city before. I suggest that if you take this cruise to take a day or two to see Vancouver. You will not regret it. We arrived early at the port at about 11:15 AM. This was not recomended but we were able to quickly get through the check in and board the ship. We went to have lunch on the top deck. The food was very good as was the service. After lunch we went to our room and found it was made up and ready for us, and our bags were in our room. We packed light and had room for all of our clothes. I suggest bring some plastic hangers as we were a few short and we didn't have that many clothes. We found we had a problem with the shower. First it is very small which is something I'm not use to. I am not small, but I felt that way in the shower. We could not figure out how to get hot water. We found our stewart and he showed us we had to turn the knob counter clockwise until it stopped then press in on the small button and it would trurn on the hot water. The only other problem we had was with the toilet. You will get use to the sound it the same as on a airplane. You are instructed not to flush anything that dosen't belong in the toilet. We had kids in the next cabin and the flushed something that they shouldn't and it stopped three cabin's toilet for an hour. They did fix it quickly. There is a small safe in the room. Don't forget to look at the code you entered each time. It will show the code for a few seconds after you enter it. I had to get the staff to come up and unlock it after I entered the wrong code when I was locking it and could not get it open. I do not like formal dinners. So my wife and I skipped three of the evening meals so we could just relax. I have no way of comparing this cruise with other, as this was our first cruise, but Princess did a great job. Any problems we had were taken care of rightb away. If you plan to do laundry on the cruise pick up $10.00 in quarters from Passenger Services. The coin machine was not working and it takes about $5.00 a load. (We had to run the dryer twice to get the clothes dry)

Publication Date: 08/23/09