Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by newcruiser08820: Enjoyed Triumph to Canada

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Canada & New England Cruises

Enjoyed Triumph to Canada

Sail Date: August 2009
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Me (36) and my daughter (8) just back from 5 nights cruise to St. John and Halifax. This is my 5th cruise ( 2nd with Carnival) . We were on Carnival Pride from Baltimore in May. We arrived around 10.30 am and were in Lido buffet at 12.15. We had a group 3 boarding pass. We had cabin 1307 on the Rivera deck. This is first time that I stayed that low. But cabin was great. I didn't feel that I am touching the water even though it was right in front of me. We usually book obstructed view balcony.

Food in buffet and dinning room (we had table 578 in Paris) were exactly the same as on Carnival Pride. We loved everything but breakfast in both places. It was very plain, boring and the same every morning. Lunch lines in the buffet were long, as I read about, so on both port days we had lunch in the dinning room. I only went to one show "Wonderful Word" which was also the same as on the Pride. Although I liked male singer better on Triumph. For the amount of the passengers More (ship was full with 3,700 people) there is only one deck to enjoy - Promenade Deck 5. The photo shop on the Deck 4 and Atrium bar is on the Deck 3. Because of the Galley locating in the middle of the ship, there is no way through Deck 3 & 4. Casino is pretty small and also located on the Deck 5. There were 3 winners on the slots, while I was there. (8K, 4K, and 2K) All of the winners were playing 2 Cents slots with the progressive bonus.

Originally I was planning just walk around after getting from the ship. But after reading some reviews, I am glad that I booked both tours with Carnival. We were blessed with fantastic weather, so walking around for my 8 year old would be too boring and hot. In St. John we went to St. Martins and Bay of Fundy. Because of the low tied, we were able to get to the caves. Also they took us to Reversing Falls at the beginning of the trip and at the end so we saw what the difference the tied can make. We had a lunch by the Bay of Fundy (choice of clam chowder, vegetable soup or just chicken fingers). Clam chowder was great. Barbara, our guide, is the resident of the Bay of Fundy, was very knowledgably. In Halifax we were on the tour to Peggy's Cove. If you go, ask to be on the bus where Diane as a guide. She is former schoolteacher and knows tons of unusual info about the city. Beautiful place and we glad that we went there. Well worth it $ 40 per person ($ 30 for kids) and 1 hour bus ride. Overall we had a great cruise. Usually we travel down to Caribbean, so it was a great change and opportunity to see something else besides the beach. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>