River Empress Cruise Review by schullsr

Cruise Date: May 2009
Embarkation: Budapest
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: 1
See More About: River Empress Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Uniworld Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: River Empress Review (by Cruise Critic!) | River Empress Deck Plans
What a way to learn about River Cruising.
My wife and I took the European Jewels cruise May 9th 2009 aboard the River Empress. I will say that the entire experience, from the time we boarded the ship in Budapest and were checked in, to the day we disembarked in Amsterdam, was far beyond our expectations. The food was remarkable and the wait staff was exceptional. I have eaten in five star restaurants that didn't do as good a job as the restaurant staff on the River Empress.

Almost without exception, the shore excursions and local guides were easy to navigate and understand. The ports selected were a wonderful cross section of the area and represented big cities to small villages and everything in between. The Cruise Director became the "Go To" person for questions large and small and handled each one with humor and grace that had my wife and me shaking our heads in wonderment. Bravo to Bart.

At the end of a long day of sightseeing ancient towns and villages, eating great food and drinking wonderful wines and beers, if was a pleasure to retreat to our cabin and climb into the best "Hotel Bedding" we have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

I would recommend this cruise and Uniworld to anyone who would like to experience Europe in comfort and style.

Publication Date: 08/20/09