River Empress Cruise Review by schullsr: What a way to learn about River Cruising.

schullsr
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on River Empress Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

What a way to learn about River Cruising.

Sail Date: May 2009
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Budapest

My wife and I took the European Jewels cruise May 9th 2009 aboard the River Empress. I will say that the entire experience, from the time we boarded the ship in Budapest and were checked in, to the day we disembarked in Amsterdam, was far beyond our expectations. The food was remarkable and the wait staff was exceptional. I have eaten in five star restaurants that didn't do as good a job as the restaurant staff on the River Empress.

Almost without exception, the shore excursions and local guides were easy to navigate and understand. The ports selected were a wonderful cross section of the area and represented big cities to small villages and everything in between. The Cruise Director became the "Go To" person for questions large and small and handled each one with humor and grace that had my wife and me shaking our heads in wonderment. Bravo to Bart.

At the end of a long day of sightseeing ancient towns and villages, eating great food and drinking wonderful wines More and beers, if was a pleasure to retreat to our cabin and climb into the best "Hotel Bedding" we have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

I would recommend this cruise and Uniworld to anyone who would like to experience Europe in comfort and style. Less

Read more River Empress cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's River Empress Review >>

Cabin review: River Empress Deluxe Outside Double Rhine Deck 406

Category 1 cabin was a good size with ample storage and comfortable sized bathroom with shower. No balcony but sliding door that opened affording a great view. Bed was VERY comfortable. The room located 3rd down hall from the reception area and lounge and was remarkably quiet.