Star Flyer Cruise Review by SKYHALL: Mystical Magical Perfect Cruise Star Flyers Rules

SKYHALL
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Star Flyer South Pacific Cruises

Mystical Magical Perfect Cruise Star Flyers Rules

Sail Date: July 2009
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Tahiti (Papeete)

I booked this cruise for myself and my 17 year old daughter as a high school graduation present. Our first night on the cruise couldn't have been better. We got there at midnight so we were exhausted. When we started sailing it was like two in the morning. I was already in my room but my daughter went up to check it out. She came back down immediately to tell me I had to see this. We went back up and the sails were going up and they were playing some great music. There was a huge full moon so the whole scene was like something from a movie. You could see the mountains in the back ground and the moon thru the sails. It was truly magical. We stayed up there another 2 hours so it was four in the morning before we went back to the cabin. We had been up well over 24 hours at that time but it was worth it.

The cabins are fine or how little time you spend in them. I was surprised by how much storage there was. We didn't have any noise problems either which More surprised me because I figured we would.

The crew was great especially the cruise director angela and the sports team. By day they take you on activities like snorkeling, water skiing diving, etc. By night, they are part of the entertainment and did a good job of pretending to enjoy it.

The food was fineespecially breakfast and lunch. The dinners were too formal for meits a sailboatI didn't want to have to change into a dress. I figured my daughter who is a picky eater might have problems finding something to eat on the boat but she did fine because there was a decent selection.

They could use an update to their music but they were good about taking requests later in the evening when trying to get folks to dance. We didn't have much luck with that. But you do get so tired from the days activities that most people just went to bed after dinner.

The bar was great and the bartenders were fun.

The ATV ride on Moorea is not to be missed. It was worth every penny. Make sure you take the full 3.5 hour oneit is unreal.

The Helmet dive is also a great excursion.

I didn't care for the jeep safari I took on raieeta We were crammed into the back of a covered jeep and looked more at each other than anything else.

My daughter took the hiking trip up the water fall and loved it.

The picnic on the private beach is great and you should just do that and save money on excursions on that day. The island is wonderful and the snorkeling is great. The also have all the activities so there is plenty to do.

We took the Robinson Crusoe lagoon/snorkeling tour in bora bora and that was a BIG waste of money. 150 euros per person. The took us around the lagoon in a boat which was fine. Then he stopped and said this is one of our snorkeling stops even there are never any fish this time of day. Then he took us to his motuwhich was dirty and shabby. We walked across some coral and then were put into the tip of a drift snorkel which washed us back up on the island so fast you couldn't see anything. I wish we had just went to the beach and saved our money.

Some fellow passengers did the jet skis and loved it but that was huge money.

We got tired of doing excursions (and paying for them) so we started just going to whatever beach they were taking people too on any given day. We saw great beaches and they were close to some villages so we could walk to do some shopping.

We took a 3 week trip to tahiti and the cruise was the first week. it was the best part of the trip. We will def hit them again Less

Read more Star Flyer cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Flyer Review >>

Cabin review: Star Flyer 404

Cabin was great for how little time spent there. More than adequate storage. Shower a little small but overall the cabin was fine.

The town/island itself is overrated. Do a water activity because the water is unreal. You can skip the island all together and not miss anything.

Beautiful place, not to be missed. you will wish you had more time to spend there. (we didwe spent 10 days there after the cruise) do the atvs and the helmet dive. the best excursions offered on the whole trip.
Read 55 Moorea Reviews

Beautiful Island. Not much to see in the down. If you can, do the waterfall hike. The jeep safari isn't worth it.
Read 24 Raiatea Reviews