Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Toothfairy80

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Toothfairy80
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: Toothfairy80
Cruise Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Civitavecchia
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Service Not Rated

First mediterranean cruise! May be my last in Europe!
Just got back from the Navigator of the Seas in the Eastern Caribbean. This was my 5th cruise, 2nd with Royal Caribbean. I usually prefer Carnival Cruise lines. My first RC experience wasn't the greatest, but being that it was an older ship I figured I should them another shot. I think I will stick with Carnival. I was 2 of my girl friends. All single, young professionals.

I will admit that the cruise ship was very nice, however, I often found myself wandering around with nothing to do, which never happened on previous cruises. The entertainment offered was sub par. The shows were not impressive and found myself dozing off, so I eventually stopped going. The ice show was pretty good but got there to close to show time so couldn't find a seat. The dance club replayed the same music every night so stopped going. Had the best time at the piano bar at the Schooner Bar! My friends and I had to find our own entertainment so we still managed to enjoy ourselves. The pool deck, especially the adult only area

The food offered for the breakfast and lunch buffet at the Windjammer was disappointing. The same buffet options were offered every single day. We tried going to the dining room for lunch, but was disappointed to find another buffet with almost the same options as the Windjammer.

The food in the dining room was decent. I enjoyed my dining experiences and highly recommend going every night. I would definitely cruise again, but not in the mediterranean. I found a lot of the Europeans to be extremely rude, jumping in line at the buffet or rushing into the elevator while you are trying to make your way out. My friend even got into an argument with an Italian man and his family after he abruptly pushed her in the theater one night. I'd never experienced this in the caribbean cruises.

Publication Date: 08/13/09