Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Toothfairy80: First mediterranean cruise! May be my last in Europe!

Toothfairy80
Member Since 2009

Service Not Rated

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

First mediterranean cruise! May be my last in Europe!

Sail Date: July 2009
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Just got back from the Navigator of the Seas in the Eastern Caribbean. This was my 5th cruise, 2nd with Royal Caribbean. I usually prefer Carnival Cruise lines. My first RC experience wasn't the greatest, but being that it was an older ship I figured I should them another shot. I think I will stick with Carnival. I was 2 of my girl friends. All single, young professionals.

I will admit that the cruise ship was very nice, however, I often found myself wandering around with nothing to do, which never happened on previous cruises. The entertainment offered was sub par. The shows were not impressive and found myself dozing off, so I eventually stopped going. The ice show was pretty good but got there to close to show time so couldn't find a seat. The dance club replayed the same music every night so stopped going. Had the best time at the piano bar at the Schooner Bar! My friends and I had to find our own entertainment so we still managed to enjoy ourselves. The pool deck, More especially the adult only area

The food offered for the breakfast and lunch buffet at the Windjammer was disappointing. The same buffet options were offered every single day. We tried going to the dining room for lunch, but was disappointed to find another buffet with almost the same options as the Windjammer.

The food in the dining room was decent. I enjoyed my dining experiences and highly recommend going every night. I would definitely cruise again, but not in the mediterranean. I found a lot of the Europeans to be extremely rude, jumping in line at the buffet or rushing into the elevator while you are trying to make your way out. My friend even got into an argument with an Italian man and his family after he abruptly pushed her in the theater one night. I'd never experienced this in the caribbean cruises. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas 7437

Had an inside cabin. Very tiny, but served its prupose. Toilet didnt flush well and stunk up the bathroom.

Was not very impressed with Crete. The port was not very nice. We were only here for a short time so we just took a cab to a local beach and enjoyed the warm mediterranean waters. Just give yourself plenty of time if you are going to take a cab back because we ran into some traffic and made it to the ship just in the nick of time.

Kusadasi was one of my favorite ports. Turkey is absolutely beautiful. We did the Turkish Towns and Villages tour. It was great. Our tour guide, Ahmet, was the best. He gave us a lot of great information about the country. We visited two small towns, Sirince and Tire. This is great for people who are not interested in seeing Ephesus and want to see how real Turkish people live. We were able to walk around these small villages, do a little shopping and had lunch at a nice Turkish restaurant.
Read 361 Kusadasi Reviews

I loved Sicily. We did the Messina Wine tour and loved it!!! There was a 45 minute drive to Messina. Got to see some lava rocks that were remnants of Mt Etna which was very cool. Then we went up to a winery where the views were breathtaking and had a wonderful feast waiting for us. There were plenty of appetizers, food and wine. I highly recommend this tour if you want to see some great views and have some authentic Sicilian food. It was a little pricey, but worth it.
Read 102 Palermo Reviews