Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by mrfgr1070: Freedom of choice!

mrfgr1070
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Freedom of choice!

Sail Date: August 2009
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

We arrived at Port Everglades at 10:10a.m. I was warned by other reviews about embarkation and it helped. There is only one metal detector for 3,000 people to go through, so get to the port early if possible. We did and it was a breeze. We boarded the ship at 11:45a.m. and went up to the Lido deck to eat. The food was very good and then the rooms became ready at 1:30p.m. Always bring a bathing suit in your carry on bag so you can go in the pool after eating, it makes the first day become a complete day.

The boat was always kept clean, the dining rooms and the decor was very nice. Our waiter Hector and his staff Christopher & Romeo were great. My cabin steward Rodney was also great. The entire crew gave us everything we needed for our 2 year old which helped us out alot. The only complaint is there is only a baby pool for young children, which I believe is being updated on the new ship, the Dream.Camp Carnival is great for all kids.

The shows were great, the More New orleans and beatles should not be missed. the comedian and juggler were cool too.

The movie screen was nice, but one only one concert in the morning and a movie at night at 8 and 10pm which was very nice

The Babylon casino was nice and was jumping every night till the wee hours.

This was my 38th cruise.I have been going on royal and princess for awhile.My last Carnival cruise was in 2001 on the Triumph which was great, but Carnival has caught up to the more expensive cruises,and you will save $200-400 per person.

We had a party of 9 people and we all loved the Freedom. Next will be the Dream. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Panorama 1060

Our cabin was on the 10th floor,1060. I will always be getting a cabin on the 9th or 10th deck. Everything is right there for you, pools, slide, movies, food etc. We had a balcony, which we love. if you can afford it, treat yourself.The shower was the biggest I have had in awhile. There was plenty of closet space for the 3 of us.We were near everything. Well worth it.

Seeing the Panama Canal was great, and informative. We went from the carribean ocean to the Pacific Ocean in 8 1/2 hours. We did the old and new panama city tour, which was great. Panama is a very country.

We went to Mr. Sanchez's beach, the ocean was like a lake, the water was perfect. It was hot and sunny ,just the way you like it when you go on a cruise. It was only $4.00 per person for the taxi, there was no charge entry or for the lounge chairs. There is a nice bar with food at this beach, so it was very good. There is water sports,jetski, para sail, banana boat etc. We did the banana boat. I have been to Cozumel at least a dozen times and going to the beach is the way to go.
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

Limon,Costa Rica was some what bad. Where we docked was such a poor neighborhood. We went to the banana planation which was nice, then we did the rain forest,river,canal tour. The guide was great, but there was no rain forest, just a canal with some monkeys and birds. Not worth the money. There must be other parts of Costa rica that are beautiful.