Great Trip with Family: Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by chape19714

23 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Great Trip with Family

Sail Date: March 2017
Chose this cruise for the ship and destinations. There were a great many things that we loved, and some that we didn't. I am Platinum cruiser, and this definitely up to standards.

First and foremost, there are many other reviews from this cruise about it being a frat party. Yes, it was. But who cruises on your particular voyage has little fault of the ship and crew. You just make the best of it, which we did. I will say, I saw very few issues with security, extreme public intoxication, or lewd/offensive behavior as others have stated.

We were a group of 15-30 year old friends just on a vacation. We had rooms spread out all over the ship due to different booking times, but were together for Dinner each night. Ship was in great condition, and was happy that it hasn't yet gone through the enhancements that Freedom and Liberty have, which kept the nightclub and full sundeck in working order. Cabin was fairly standard for Royal Caribbean.

Dining was great, and More enjoyed some of the different menu options, as well as some of the longest buffet hours I've seen in the fleet. Food was flavorful and served warm.

Entertainment and Activities were top notch and what I expected from Royal. Grease was the true highlight, along with the Ice Show and endless trivia around the ship, which we loved.

Bars seemed hit-or-miss, as some gave stellar service, some gave awful service, and some were just overwhelmed by sheer volume (understandable). There were beer carts and portable carts by the pool, which many stated was because it's a "Spring Break" cruise, which is not true. I've seen this on several Royal ships at all times of year.

We met and spoke to some awesome crew members, met some wonderful fellow cruisers, and had a great time. Already booked the next cruise.

Biggest complaint was the use of Terminal 25 in Lauderdale, which is the worst experience I've ever had on disembarking. Embarkation was only salvaged due to my Platinum status. Less

Published 03/29/17
1 Helpful Vote
Ask a Question
Post it here and get answers from Cruise Critic members.

Cabin review:

Took the Trolly Tour from the company right at the pier. Very enjoyable.
Read 977 Falmouth Reviews

23 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X