Great ship, Great people, Great destinations : Viking Sky Cruise Review by MMMS

Great ship, Great people, Great destinations

Sail Date: March 2017
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona
My husband and I went on the Romantic Mediterranean cruise on the Viking Sky, which started in Barcelona and ended in Rome. We added on extra days ourselves at both of these locations and arranged our own taxi to and from the airport, but used Viking to arrange air travel because we felt that gave us the best value.

The ship was just the right size - not a monster cruise ship - and offered a range of amenities like a fantastic spa, a number of dining options with flexibility in time and seating, as well as shows and lectures. The included on-shore excursions were a great value with expert, local tour guides.

The staff on board was exceptional in their service and friendliness. And our cabin was meticulously maintained.

Overall the cabin size was spacious and well appointed, with lots of storage space.

I appreciated that the ship is geared mostly toward older couples, and not so much families with small children. The passengers on board were More friendly and interesting to spend time with, and my husband and I felt we made lasting connections with several other couples.

We are looking forward to our Italian Sojourn cruise next year! Less

Published 03/20/17
Helpful? Thank MMMS
1 Helpful Vote

Cabin review:

We got a an overview tour of the city and then went out on our own. Only wish we could have spent more time here! So much to see!

Uffizi Museum

Could spend the whole day here! We just attempted to hit the highlights- Botticelli's Birth of Venus, several da Vinci and Michelangelo paintings.

Compare Prices on Viking Sky Mediterranean Cruises

Member Since 2017
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X