Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by vc15664: Explorer Of The Seas SADNESS!!!!!

vc15664
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 1.5

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Explorer Of The Seas SADNESS!!!!!

Sail Date: August 2009
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

First thing I'd like to say is, before booking and sailing on Royal Caribbean Explorer of the seas, I've watch the travel channel many times and was very impressed with all of there ships ammenities and activities. Just the sight of the ships size alone was convincing enough to say "oooh ahhh" I am eager to make my next sail with RCC at any cost.

Well, My ship left from Cape Liberty in New Jersey on Aug 1, 2009. Boarding was fast and easy. I was very impressed with the inside of the ships 5th floor promenade "Ooooh Aahhh",,,It is truly the heart of the ship. They get 5 stars***** for that.

My Junior Suite was on the 9th floor room 9572, and let me tell you I was not impressed with the size of the room at all((very small)). On Carnival its a normal size room.

I saw an online virtual view of the room we had, and it showed the room having a flat screen tv((false)),no flat screen at all, in fact the tv was a 20 inch tv, the same size that's inside my 8 More year old daughters room at home,,This is a JUNIOR SUITE?????? Come on!!!!

The Balcony was rusted, in need of a paint job..

The food in our Dinning was horrible, but we were able to get the waiter and head waiter to change the menu for us to something we like which was a big plus, and The asst. waiter was a real sweet heart. They went above and beyond to please us and we were very happy with them...We thanked them and made sure they saw it inside the gratuity envelopes at the end of the cruise....5 stars ***** smile

My kids were not happy with the 1 A.M. curfew the ship has for kids,,,,On Carnival Funships they can chill out as long as they want.

After a certain time part of the WINDJAMMER CAFE was closed on deck 11 which sucked and the food was sometimes dry during those times. On Carnival, Though they dont serve much food on the lido deck after late hours, they do leave the whole Lido deck open so you dont feel force to one side of there cafe like Explorer of the seas did. However, on the 5th floor there is a deli shop that stays open all night, and they were very nice to deal with,,,,,everything fresh all night,,,

All the shows we saw on board were out of this world..... 5 stars *****

5 stars ***** for the rock climbing wall, inline skating, ship shape fitness center and the promendae parades..

In whole, I think Carnival Funship Cruises are 10 times better, all Carnival needs is a basketball court and a rock climbing wall,,,lol Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 6 9572

perfect location, but tooo small for 4 people that being 2 adults 1 teenager and one 8 year old....Cleaning guy was excellent "G.K." is the man...Thanks for your service.....

VERY, VERY NICE, BUT YOUR REAL TOUR WILL HAVE TO START BUY YOU PURCHASING A TOKEN TO BOARD THE FERRY TO HAMILTON...Do not waste your money buy purchasing a one day pass for the ferry. By the time you finish what ever you are doing in Hamilton, you are going to be hungry as hell. By the time you finish on front street and then standing in the cheese line at the ferry dock to come back to king's Wharf, trust me you wont feel like coming back across till the next day.. Besides there is no ferry or Public bus service after 11pm, so if you dont catch that last ferry out of Hamilton by 11 p.m., I hope you have lots of cash on you for the taxi ride back to the ship,,,IT'S NOT CHEAP!!!!! So dont buy a oneday pass, it's not worth it....

In king's Wharf at night there is a nice festival with lots of performances, which was really nice,,,,,The flea market was "ok" nothing to "ooh aah" about, but there is a Sports Bar that rocks with a D.J, outdoor seating and dancing...which was off the hook, but dont expect to be out there all night,,,The lights and music was out and off by 1:30 WTF!!! party over....lol

If you need to surf the web, bring your laptop out with you, because thats a Wi-Fi zone across from that bar..you'll see everyone out there on there lap tops...

Things are not cheap on the Island, the Bermuda Dollar being equal value to the U.S. currency,,,Dont expect to find a deal....

What a beautiful Island....That's all I'm going to say,,,,,,