Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by vc15664

Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: vc15664
Cruise Date: August 2009
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: js
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        7-9 2.0
        16+ 1.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Explorer Of The Seas SADNESS!!!!!
First thing I'd like to say is, before booking and sailing on Royal Caribbean Explorer of the seas, I've watch the travel channel many times and was very impressed with all of there ships ammenities and activities. Just the sight of the ships size alone was convincing enough to say "oooh ahhh" I am eager to make my next sail with RCC at any cost.

Well, My ship left from Cape Liberty in New Jersey on Aug 1, 2009. Boarding was fast and easy. I was very impressed with the inside of the ships 5th floor promenade "Ooooh Aahhh",,,It is truly the heart of the ship. They get 5 stars***** for that.

My Junior Suite was on the 9th floor room 9572, and let me tell you I was not impressed with the size of the room at all((very small)). On Carnival its a normal size room.

I saw an online virtual view of the room we had, and it showed the room having a flat screen tv((false)),no flat screen at all, in fact the tv was a 20 inch tv, the same size that's inside my 8 year old daughters room at home,,This is a JUNIOR SUITE?????? Come on!!!!

The Balcony was rusted, in need of a paint job..

The food in our Dinning was horrible, but we were able to get the waiter and head waiter to change the menu for us to something we like which was a big plus, and The asst. waiter was a real sweet heart. They went above and beyond to please us and we were very happy with them...We thanked them and made sure they saw it inside the gratuity envelopes at the end of the cruise....5 stars ***** smile

My kids were not happy with the 1 A.M. curfew the ship has for kids,,,,On Carnival Funships they can chill out as long as they want.

After a certain time part of the WINDJAMMER CAFE was closed on deck 11 which sucked and the food was sometimes dry during those times. On Carnival, Though they dont serve much food on the lido deck after late hours, they do leave the whole Lido deck open so you dont feel force to one side of there cafe like Explorer of the seas did. However, on the 5th floor there is a deli shop that stays open all night, and they were very nice to deal with,,,,,everything fresh all night,,,

All the shows we saw on board were out of this world..... 5 stars *****

5 stars ***** for the rock climbing wall, inline skating, ship shape fitness center and the promendae parades..

In whole, I think Carnival Funship Cruises are 10 times better, all Carnival needs is a basketball court and a rock climbing wall,,,lol

Publication Date: 08/06/09