Carnival Glory Cruise Review by nytefyter

Cruise Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 4D

Western Caribbean WOW!
Let me start by saying that we took this vacation for no reason other than the price was right and I had to have a get-away before my wife decided I needed to remain married to work rather than her.

That being said, I had some trepidation about going on Carnival (I'd heard mixed reviews) and I, personally, didn't want to go to the Western Caribbean (based on what my in-laws had said). I was much more than pleasantly surprised by this experience! I had so much fun, I am already making plans to go back.

The ship itself was not top on my list. As many of you know, Carnival has a theme for each of its ships, and the theme for the Carnival Glory is "All the Colors." It can become sensory overload. The ceiling is constantly changing color in bizarre patterns. The black tile floors are broken up with random colored tiles. The nice part is that the public areas are easy to find, as they each carry their own color theme (White Heat Disco, Burgundy Bar, Bar Blue, etc.).

While the dinner meal was wonderful, and Elmer/Benito were top notch waiters, I didn't much care for the other eateries aboard. The eating schedule in the Red Sail Lounge never seemed to match when I was hungry, nor were any of the three grills on deck active when I was looking for a bite. The only place open 23 hours (they say 24, but it closed every morning at 7 for an hour so they could clean) is the pizzaria. The pizza was awesome, but when you consider it was the only place open, and there were several hundred (if not more than a thousand) teens and kids aboard.... I did appreciate that there were always juices, tea, and water available at no extra charge. Perhaps I was spoiled by Princess and their 24 hour food service.

Overall, I would sail Carnival again (I'd just try to avoid the colors of the Glory) and I would go back to the Western Caribbean - they both surpassed my expectations.

Publication Date: 08/06/09