So pleased some passengers had a great time.: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Iris Bleu

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 3
Iris Bleu
Member Since 2017

Overall Member Rating

So pleased some passengers had a great time.

Sail Date: February 2017
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
My husband and I chose this Cunard cruise as it afforded us the opportunity to try a voyage on a cruise liner which is world renowned.

Embarkation and disembarkation went extremely smoothly. All staff polite and professional.

We had a Club Balcony Cabin (oops Stateroom), but reading the other reviews probably should have aimed higher to get the "true" Cunard experience. The cabin was clean and comfortable, albeit small. We were on Deck 12 and the shuddering and vibrations at night kept us awake. Even my husband, a notoriously heavy sleeper, was woken many times. Again, maybe we should have aimed higher (or lower and booked a cabin on deck 9)??

The ship itself is stunning - beautifully fitted out and attention to detail obvious. The dining staff on Deck 2 in Britannia Club Restaurant were lovely. Very professional and polite. The food however really was not of a standard I would have anticipated on a Cruise liner touted as exceptional. No michelin star More (or hatted restaurant) food on this cruise. I would describe it as edible cafeteria food, BUT served beautifully on silver service by professional staff. (Although their coffee making skills left a lot to be desired - latte or macchiato - is there really difference).

We expected the entertainment and activities to be sedate and yep they were. Although the Library is brilliant, no other entertainment or activity really left us looking for more. Let's put our age in the 55-65 age bracket - that's all I'll admit to. Not dead yet, but could have handled activity with a little more joie de vivre.

Would we go again?? NO, thank you. Less

Published 03/15/17
Ask a Question
Post it here and get answers from Cruise Critic members.

Cabin review: A2 Britannia Club Balcony

Clean, but not spacious.

Read All Britannia Club Balcony (A2) Reviews >>

Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary

Not quite what we expected, but did see a devil.

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic’s Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review >>
Iris Bleu
Member Since 2017
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X