Can't Go Wrong With Viking: Viking Sea Cruise Review by CarolMcE

Can't Go Wrong With Viking

Sail Date: March 2017
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona
We wanted a smaller ship without a lot of kids. Plus the cruise we chose visited the ports we wanted to see. It all fell into place. Crew to guest ratio was almost 1:1 (I would guess 5:7). Food was excellent; unusual and expertly prepared. Buffets were plentiful with lots of healthy fruits. Shore excursions were very interesting and we got plenty of exercise to offset the silver service alcohol and sweets!

The ship was kept spotless and out stateroom was cleaned twice a day. We asked ONCE for ice and our ice bucket was filled every afternoon after that. The staff was very friendly, as were the tour guides with one exception that was rectified with a refund.

The crew we dealt with regularly knew our names and couldn't be more helpful. Bartenders remembered what we drank. Somellier knew what wines we liked. Floor in the bathroom was heated. Bed was comfy. Too bad the weather was a little too cool to enjoy the pool. We booked our next cruise onboard and landed a hefty More discount.

There was one day at sea where I could snuggle up in one of the living rooms with a book which was relaxing; my hubby got a pedicure. I loved the excursions and the passage between Sicily and Italy and seeing Stromboli smoking. I just can't praise Viking enough. Less

Published 03/09/17

Cabin review: Junior suite4025

Our cabin had a king size bed, bath with a shower and heated floor. Sofa, coffee table, desk and balcony with patio furniture. Plenty of electrical outlets for computers etc but WiFi was spotty and TV was limited. Plenty of movies on tape, but we didn't spend a lot of time in our cabin.

Read more Viking Sea cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic’s Viking Sea Review >>

Compare Prices on Viking Sea Mediterranean Cruises

CarolMcE
Member Since 2017
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X