Overall our cruise was great. 11 Nights departed May 5th and returned May 16th 2009. Met some amazing people and had a great time. Ports we're great, cabin stewards were great, bar staff very helpful.
- Night time shows and theme nights were great success
- Food was incredible(be prepared to put weight on)
- Casino staff were so nice and would help you understand the game
- Comedy Club so hilarious as with Majority rules trivia
- Different games like deal or no deal, sea horse racing and liar liar are awesome and very entertaining.
- Bingo a huge success and very worthwhile for the jackpot winner at the end.
- Very informative about shore tours etc
- The daily newsletter was great outling the port to come and customs, currency, language etc
- Cabin Steward was so great (wanted to take him home and leave the bf)
- Karaoke was an experience and a half, worth checking out
- Prices of drinks were fairly priced, same as you would pay in pubs and club and alcohol content is stronger. All the drinks i had the alcohol could be easily tasted and very strong.
- Formal Nights are great,nothing like dressing up. We had 2 on this cruise.
- Spa reasonably priced
- Gym limited to workout more than weights training. Depending on how much you can lift.
- Quick by thorough safety brief.
- I hate that the dining is buffet or dining room. Its so hard to get into the dining room if you don't call up first thing in the morning. The buffet area vibrated alot when eating and often you'd have to catch your drink before it fell off the table and this had nothing to do with rough seas.
- Entertainment staff acted as though they were superior to all the paying guest during their freetime hanging out by the pool.
- Photo prices are expensive but the professional photo's on formal nights look amazing and you are not obligated to buy.
- Maybe it was just us but we couldn't get to the front of the boat. Only look out through the dome.
- Spa and Gym can only be accessed via 1 set of elevators
- Hairdryer isn't real great.
Our cabin was outside twin. We were on the 10th floor and at the very front of the ship.
so high up and the first cabin at the front we felt the seas when they
were rough. If i had an afternoon sleep i would lay in the middle of
the two single beds to ensure i didn't roll out which nearly happend a
Overall the cabin was great and our cabin Man Viddy was Incredible, i loved him so much that i wanted to bring him home.
Bathroom obviously are small and makes it hard to shave your legs and what not but you manage.
very noisy in the cabin either but when you walked outside of the cabin
it was i think mainly to do with being at the front.
There are heaps more pros but i cant think of them all as there is so much to do onboard.
P&O make cruising special and that is why i continue to travel with them. I have cruise number 3 book for NYE this year and i am very excited for it.
We also had Getaway on Board and the episode will be airing on Channel Nine 6th August 2009.
I hope you find my review helpful and happy sailings!!! =)
Our First Port was Luganville, when we arrive we were docked at the
port and the weather was great for being May. We opted to walk around
the markets and up to the Main street. I noticed the women and children
were very friendly to me but sometimes felt as though the men would
look straight theough you as if you were insignificant.
The locals obviosly love when the boats dock here seeing as though they
put on little concerts and have their little stores. I noticed the main
street was what i expected, just do't expect too much. I didn't buy
anything at this port just donated money to the local schools and the
selected few children that i thought were deserving.
I didn't do any shore tours here however a nice couple that we met
onbaord got a group together and hired a Taxi to take them to Million
Dollar Point or Lookout and they said it was really good. The driving
on this country may surprise you as they all drive basically New Hilux
utes and have anywhere from 1-20 people in the back. PORT VILA - Well this was a good port and has plenty of shore tours to
choose from. Before our first tour we thought we would walk the markets
just to look and then go to our designated meet area for our off road
Buggy Adventure. Well i guess the markets cannot be explained until you
see them but its a long stretch off round over crowded with stores
trying to sell souvenier items, hair clips, leis and clothes etc. This
is great as i found that the price on one store would be double another
so it really pays to look around. The downside is long line of Taxi's.
The scream and yell at you and do all they can to get you to get in
them. They will almost hit you and drive like maniacs, funny to watch
Ok so shore tour number 1 - off road buggy adventure - was great but
left a little disappointed. The brochures warns of muds and unless its
been raining its really only alot of dirt and dust but still great fun.
The session was divided into 2. So you can switch drivers half way
through and have a break. I found the steering was the hardest part and
was very tough and actuall hurt my arms but would def do it again and i
would recommend it as it's a great experience.
Seeing as though the ship was docked at port we returned to the ship
after tour 1 to shower off the dirt and change have lunch and head to
tour number 2.
Second Shore Tour - Parasailing - Was Amazing, although i have a
terrible fear of sharks and this worried me. I was told by people that
when they went parasailing they actually seen a shark and this worried
me dramatically. So first thing when i got on the boat ready to be
harnessed up i asked whether i would be dunked in the ocean? This
however prompted the boat driver to be smart and scare me. I still went
up though. Whilst be harnessed up i was nearly blown off the boat. I
went in the air for about 10 mins. I loved in and did not see any
sharks or get dunked in the water.
After the tours ended we walked the markets again and brough a fair bit
of things from clothes to items for island night and different things.
We didn't however make it into town into duty free as the town is a
fair way in. I do advise allow time to do this shopping if its
something you want to do. Maybe do it first thing in the morning and
shore tours after lunch. Friends brought cheap ipods, cameras,
jewellery, alcohol and other various things.
ISLE OF PINES - This amazing place is stunning. It was the second time
i had been here and i love it as much now as i did 4 years ago. Its
like the picture from a postcard. The water is so blue and incredible.
Because i have a big fear of sharks i never go in the ocean, this is
the first time i ever swam in the ocean and i loved it.
The first time i went to this island there wasn't much to do except
snorkel. There is now a resort and paddle boats, kayaks to hire etc.
Wild dogs are a massive problem, 4 yrs ago i did not see one dog, this
time everywhere, they seem friendly but still i'd be careful.
As for seasnakes i didn't see any and neither did anyone else that i
spoke to. They do warn about them here especially but 2 times to this
island now and i haven't see one.
Mystery Island - WAS CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER!!!