Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by trumansmama

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by trumansmama
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: trumansmama
Cruise Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Civitavecchia
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: CC
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Summer Solstice Fun
This was my second cruise ever and my first with Celebrity. If this cruise was any indication of how Celebrity treats it's guests, I will definately be going back for more!

Embarkation: While the entrance was a bit congested and busy, the entire process was efficient and took less than 20 minutes (most of it simply waiting in line). Make sure you print your express pass and have it filled out before arriving. It saves a little bit of time.

The Solstice: What can I say? Just gorgeous. The decor is understated and elegant. No gaudy, Las Vegas-style glitz. Make sure you take some time to view the beautiful works of art throughout the ship. I wasn't impressed with the Lawn Club. Seems that space could be better used for another pool.

Cabin: Good size, extremely clean, plenty of storage. I booked Concierge Class and was welcomed with champagne, fresh fruit, flowers and canapes. I was also provided with a lovely bathrobe and a set of binoculars (nice touch!).

Entertainment: With the exception of a few individual entertainers and the Solstice Cirque de Soeil-type show, it was just OK. It was nice to wander around the ship at various times of the day or night and find music being performed.

Dining: Oceanview was never a disappointment with a wide variety to choose from. AquaSpa Cafe was a great alternative to heavier breakfast and lunch. Grand Epernay was quite good. Everyone at the table received warm-to-hot food. At the request of one of my dinner companions, the chef even prepared a special dessert for our table. All-in-all, a very good dining experience.

Spa: I made use of the acupuncturist onboard for an on-going problem with leg pain. I have been to 5 different specialists for this problem and no one was able to help me. With three sessions, I am now happy to report that I am pain-free! The acupuncturist went way above-and-beyond to help me.

Fitness Center: A little disappointing. This place was always busy and sometimes there was not a treadmill or eliptical machine available. The classes are limited and many are fee-based.

Shore Excursions: I booked all my tours through the ship and was never disappointed. Unlike some passengers who booked private tours, I had consistently good guides and never had to worry about going from place to place. Again, Celebrity was very efficient and the costs were actually comparable to what others paid for their private tours.

All-in-all, I had a wonderful experience.

Publication Date: 07/31/09