Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by johneeo: Thoroughly enjoyable experience on EOS

johneeo
Member Since 2009
6,726 Posts

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Thoroughly enjoyable experience on EOS

Sail Date: July 2009
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Departed from Bayonne, NJ on July 9, 2009 heading for Bermuda then the Caribbean.

We had 24 in our group.  We would see each other at dinner, sometimes bump into some at the pool or the casino, but everyone pretty much did their own thing and had a great time.

I found everything relating to the ship either good or More excellent.  The crew, without exception, was great.  The worst experience I had ... I was at the Casino Bar, and they ran out of Coors Light, so I had to walk about 100 feet to the Schooner Bar.  THE AGONY!  By my next order, Coors Light had been replenished.

Dining.  We chose early dining.  Our waiter was excellent.  It was no problem ordering two or three appetizers and two dinners.  If you want extra lobster tails, don't ask for extra lobster tails.  Just order two lobster dinners.  We had one person at our table, without exception, ordered two full dinners every night ... absolutely NO PROBLEM.  The food was good.

The ship was magnificent.  So big, so much to do, that in 9 days, we still did not do everything.

Entertainment was good to excellent, shows every night.

Bermuda - Got off the ship, jumped in a cab, and went to Horseshoe Beach for the day.  Very nice beach, had beer, restrooms, showers.  Great day.

St. Martin - My son (12) and I booked the America's Cup Yacht Racing.  I cannot describe it.  It was one of the greatest highlights that I have ever done in my 54 years.  It was the real thing, two sailing yachts, racing on a course, and you are part of the crew working the sails.  And they had beer!  I would highly recommend this for anyone.  It was the best thing that we did on the trip.

St. Thomas - took the champagne catamaran trip to St. John.  Went snorkeling.  The fish and coral reefs were incredible.  Actually saw a large sea turtle.  Then we drank beer.  Another great time.

San Juan - stayed on the ship and relaxed.

All in all, I would have to say just about everything was great.  We had a blast. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas 8568

We had cabin 8568.  Port side center front.  Hey, it was a cabin with a balcony, one bed, a pull down bed, one small couch, shower, large closet, and about 8 drawers.  It served my wife, 12 year old son and I well

Bermuda - Got off the ship, jumped in a cab, and went to Horseshoe Beach for the day. Very nice beach, had beer, restrooms, showers. Great day.

St. Martin � My son (12) and I booked the America�s Cup Yacht Racing. I cannot describe it. It was one of the greatest highlights that I have ever done in my 54 years. It was the real thing, two sailing yachts, racing on a course, and you are part of the crew working the sails. And they had beer! I would highly recommend this for anyone. It was the best thing that we did on the trip.

St. Thomas � took the champagne catamaran trip to St. John. Went snorkeling. The fish and coral reefs were incredible. Actually saw a large sea turtle. Then we drank beer. Another great time.

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews