Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Mr. Finney: Bahamas Celebration

Overall Member Rating

Bahamas Celebration

Sail Date: July 2009
Destination: Bahamas

First of all, this was a "free" cruise that I purchased based on an email.  The total cost ended up being $727 ($59 port charges each for two adults, $149 for 3rd night, $199 for child, $99 for upgrade to OV cabin, $30 gratuities pp, $24 fuel surcharge pp).  Overall I would consider it a good value, since a comparable Carnival cruise was going to cost about $1275 for an inside cabin.

I'll start with the ship.  No, it's not designed for cruising.  Yes, it is an old ferry/cargo ship.  No, it's not new.  However, I was pleasantly surprised with the design and finish of the interior spaces.  The outside areas were too small for the number of passengers and the pool was ridiculously small, but overall the outside areas were acceptable.  The kids area at the back of the ship has a great slide and a splash pad, which were nice, but they have black rubber tiles for flooring in the lounging area which made for a very hot space.  I also More liked the layout of the ship, and the rear lounge areas were actually quite nice.

Our room was okay, but the a/c control didn't work, and our son got a roll away instead of a bunk.  There are no drawers or safe, and the bath is small.  But probably the most annoying thing was that there was no map of the ship in our room.

The kid's program was, well, a babysitting service, with not much for structured activities.  Basically the kids just free played or played video games.

Food was not great, but not bad either.  There are no kids menus, and the varieyt wasn't great.  This line, as well as RC, should take a cue from Carnival and have hot chocolate and ice cream available all the time!

Serive overall was good but there were entirely too many "traveling salesmen" trying to hawk alcohol.

Again, overall, I thought it was well worth it to go on this cruise, and would do so again, if I got another "good deal". Less

Published 07/30/09

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: 66112

Should only be used for double occupancy, a/c didn't work, small bathroom, no drawers in room, only shelves, otherwise good location.

If you love to shop, you'll love Nassau. However, I'm not much of a shopper, so that's why I only rate it a 3. The real reason we go to Nassau is so we can do snorkel excursions with Stuart Cove's. While the snorkeling isn't fantastic, we do get to get in the water and observe sharks feeding below us, without any barriers between us! Sounds crazy, but it's very exciting. One of these days we'll go to Cable Beach or Atlantis, but for now we're content to live dangerously!
Read 4173 Nassau Reviews
Mr. Finney
Member Since 2007
118 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?