Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by Rovar: Bad Customer Service

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Costa Fortuna Western Caribbean Cruises

Bad Customer Service

Sail Date: July 2009

I was anxiously waiting for weeks to experience my first cruise trip and to be among my relatives traveling from different countries that I have not seen for years

An inside cabin on the 7th floor of Costa Fortuna line was reserved to my roommate and me by our travel agency in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This cabin happened to be located directly beneath the swimming pool and poolside music system. When the DJ was absent, his music system was locked in a silver metal box and played loud music all day More and night long.

My roommate, and I  heard the loud Boom...Boom music sound coming from the poolside all day and night long for two days and complained on numerous times to the ship's customer service manager, to our travel agency representative including y several customer service and crew members. However, our multiple complains fell on deaf ears. We repeatedly were told they can't do anything about it and they don't have another room for us.

After three sleepless nights and days, they switch us to another couple's room with a noisy ventilation unit located directly behind our cabin wall (we later found out that couple were also complaining of that noise )knowing very well that this cabin also was a noisy one since they asked us if anything else bothered us beside the loud sound of music. How inappropriate! We were tricked to the second cabin.

We spent three restless days trying to locate all of the above people to plead with them for a quiet cabin. The cruise line management failed totally to look after our well being and refused time and time again to accommodate us. No compassion, no consideration and no respect exercised from any of the crew members. At one point a crew member told me that his room is adjacent to the ship's engine room and why I am complaining about the noise in my room. I have never ever in my entire adult life being treated in such irresponsible way. It seems in their books customer service is none existent. It's unacceptable behavior.

I was very fortunate to have a Physician cousin of mine on board and with his prescription medication we were able to sleep the rest of the 6 days trip.

We requested a refund of the expenses and we were told in their cynical and laughable way that they were happy that we enjoyed the trip and they are looking forward to see us again. The first cruise trip was a complete disaster and we were so mistreated from day one that we will never ever consider traveling with Costa Lines again.

Their breakfasts and lunches are third rated, however some of the nights they served us three star restaurant dinners.

After our return, we heard from several sources that Costa Cruise Lines 'customer service department has a bad reputation.  Make sure you ask in writing about a quiet room and ask all the questions before signing up with any of their trips. They are out to trick you big time.

I give this Costa Fortuna's trip a one star rating!!! Less