Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by IhatedtheNCLDawn: TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER GET ON ON THE NCL DAWN!

IhatedtheNCLDawn
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Bermuda Cruises

TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER GET ON ON THE NCL DAWN!

Sail Date: July 2009
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I just got off the Dawn yesterday morning following a 7 day cruise from NYC to Bermuda.  I was with my wife and 3 year old daughter.  I should mention that this was my first cruise and most likely my last thanks to NCL

First the positive, which really has nothing to do with NCL, Bermuda is beautiful,  great beaches, friendly people, very safe island, and most of all 3 days on the island is 3 less on this horrible ship.

10- Mass chaos getting onto boat.  There was no one to guide me and my family as to where to go once we boarded.  No one to ask, trust me I looked. I tried to ask the reception desk, but wasn't in the mood to wait on a line of about 50 people deep.

9-Got a balcony room that was as small as a walk in closet.  Not completely unexpected, but do not book this for anymore than 2 small people, you'll hate it.

8- need more towels? More  need to get your valuables out of your broken safe? Need to get your toilet to flush?  Well just try getting someone to pick up the phone when you call reception!!!  No one picks up EVER!  Un real! Pick up the phone!  Give me some service or choice B, could be, provide me with more than 2 bath towels, provide me with a safe that opens, and please for the love of g-d, give me a toilet that flushes!!! so much to ask?  I don't think so for 3 grand?

7- My safe broke twice, locking me out from my wallet, camera, jewelry, medicine, etc.  There's 40 minutes off my trip waiting for a supervisor to come to the room to open my safe, I'll never get back!

6-Ahh yes, the filthy balcony.  The balcony I paid a major premium for.  Used match sticks, dirt and cigarette ashes.  Had to wear shoes on that one.

5- How did I almost forget the nightly party in the hallways.  About 2 am every night, screaming and yelling from other guests?  Security, please do something?  Nothing like my 3 year old waking me to say, Dad, i'm scared! from the noise!!

4- the food is terrible.  from the awful buffet to the over packed main dining rooms, which if you do decide to go after this review (perhaps you like bad food), make a reservation or expect a nightly 40 minute wait starting at 630 pm

3- wait staff, not a big fan of smiling, or speaking english, really.  very hard to communicate.  If you speak Fillipino, you'll do great.

2-No water pressure in the shower

and the number one reason you should never get on the Dawn...

THE POOL!  THE 1 POOL!  IT IS SO PACKED, YOU CAN'T MOVE.  IT IS SO LOUD AND THERE IS NO ESCAPING IT, UNLESS YOU WANT TO SIT 3 MILES AWAY FROM THE POOL. YOU LITERALLY HAVE TO SEARCH FOR A LONG LONG TIME (TOOK ME 30 MINUTES ON DAY 2) TO FIND A LOUNGE CHAIR, BECAUSE EVERYONE RESERVES THEIR CHAIR AT THE CRACK OF DAWN, AND THE STAFF DOES NOTHING TO CONTROL IT.  WE HATED THE POOL AND BEING AT SEA FOR 4 FULL DAYS, YOU HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO GO DURING THE DAY.
PLEASE DO NOT GO ON THIS CRUISE.  I WILL POST THIS REVIEW EVERYWHERE, SO NO ONE ELSE SUFFERS THROUGH THIS AGAIN.

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn

Bermuda is fantastic. Beautiful island. A little tough to get around, but shouldn't stop you. Just fly there. Don't take the ncl dawn.