Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by MUMMASHAINA: Celebrity-Tops in their category of cruising...

MUMMASHAINA
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruises

Celebrity-Tops in their category of cruising...

Sail Date: July 2009
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Having cruised to Alaska twice before, we decided upon the Celebrity Infinity as my husband and I cruised once before on the Celebrity Constellation and were extremely pleased with our choice.  We have taken over a dozen cruises on various cruise lines and, in our opinion, Celebrity is the best in their category.  The ship was launched in 2002 and you would never know that she is seven years old.  She could have passed for just-launched!

The Infinity is a very easy ship to get around and is decorated as "quietly understated".  No glitz... just beautiful assorted white flower arrangements and paintings throughout the public rooms. However, the main area/lobby could have been decorated with something more dazzling to set it off from the rest of the ship. The staff is primarily of European decent and, as such, the service was impeccable from the wait staff in the dining rooms and buffet to the cabin steward in our More stateroom.   The food was presented beautifully and was very good.  The specialty dining room was elegant and well worth the extra $30pp charge.  I highly recommend dining in the Stars & Stripes dining room at least once.  The entertainment was the best we have seen on any ship.  The Infinity singers and dancers gave three spectacular shows which were as good as anything we've seen on Broadway.

Embarcation and debarkation went as smoothe as silk.  We were even able to walk off the ship as soon as it docked in Seattle @ 7:45 which was a real plus. We would, without reservation, recommend Celebrity Cruise Line to anyone interested in cruising, whether it be to Alaska, the Caribbean, New England/Canada or "over the pond".  They do a wonderful job in all categories. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity 2114

Thrilled with the hand-held shower (a real plus).  Shower was larger than I remembered.  Cabin is standard small but functional and servicable.  Quietist cruise we've ever had the pleasure of enjoying.  NEVER heard anyone outside our cabin.

Juneau is beautiful with it's magnificent snow-capped mountains, gorgeouos assorted trees and wildlife. My daughter and I rode the Mt. Roberts tramway to the top of a mountain and the view was spectacular. We also decided on the Salmon Bake excursion which was a great choice. It took place in the middle of a woodsy area where the salmon was grilled right in front of us. They even had branches of trees ready for us to roast marshmellows (something I haven't done in too many years to divulge). The area boasts a beautiful waterfall up the road. We were also serenaded by a wonderful guitar player while we ate our delicious lunch.

Read 837 Juneau Reviews

Ketchikan is a very small hokey kind of town but, nonetheless, charming because of it's "back to nature" ambiance. We just walked around the town and enjoyed surveying the stores. We didn't go on any excursions here as I visited Ketchikan twice before.

In my opinion, Victoria, British Columbia is one of the most beautiful cities on our continent. The city is lovely and offers many varied things to see and do. Having visited the British Museum and the Empress Hotel on a subsequent trip(both were wonderful)we decided to choose Butchard Gardens as our excursion. The gardens are touted as one of the most beautiful in the world and I would have to say that I can certainly understand why. Butchard Gardens is NOT a place to miss when visiting Victoria.

Read 553 Victoria Reviews