“Been there, done that,and very pleased !!!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas

pattpga Explorer of the Seas 5 Been there, done that,and very pleased !!!
pattpga
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
One of the best features of this cruise is, of course, leaving from Bayonne, 45 minutes and your there!  Embarking was a snap, we arrived about  10:30am , on the shuttle at 11:30 and on the ship by  12 . We were able to get into our cabins  around 1. My husband and I  usually get a JS but since we were with 2 other couples  we got 3 rooms together , all  balcony  rooms. I have to say they were quite roomy. More than enough storage space (and I'm a huge overpacker) ,and more than enough walk around room !  The balcony also had more than enough room .          Now for the  food  review !!!  Believe it or not I was very surprised !!! I have been disappointed the last few years on all the RCCL ships, but this time most of the dining room meals were dare I say GOOD. As for the Windjammer , other than for Breakfast, needs alot of improvement , except for the wait staff , they were great !!!  Portofino was  excellent, we went twice.  We had My Time Dining and  would recommend this.         Now to the entertainment ... Poolside/ same ol- same ol,  The Shows / OK , The music about the Ship- Dizzy's was great , English Pub / not so good, Chamber/ ok, but we are in our late 50's so maybe we are not the best to review .  The Schooner Bar was always packed ,so if you want to get in on the games or even to just get a seat, get there early . The  Casino ,even leaving the Ship with less, the casino was the most fun ,not only the people we met, but the Dealers and Pit-bosses made this a great time !!!       Now for the nightmare called Disembarkation !!!!  I really can't say what they can do to get this right  but they better get some kind of expert to come in and figure out something  !!!      All in all this was a great time, money well spent, already planning for next year after Her makeover!!!

Explorer of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Love the beaches here , they just take so long to get to. Shopping I found on the expensive side. Frog and Onion our favorite bar.

Port
Now this is the best for beaches. We go to St. John to snorkel, our only complaint is you are not there long enough !!!

Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 07/27/09
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Explorer of the Seas Review
Explorer of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?