Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by pattpga: Been there, done that,and very pleased !!!

pattpga
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Been there, done that,and very pleased !!!

Sail Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

One of the best features of this cruise is, of course, leaving from Bayonne, 45 minutes and your there!  Embarking was a snap, we arrived about  10:30am , on the shuttle at 11:30 and on the ship by  12 . We were able to get into our cabins  around 1. My husband and I  usually get a JS but since we were with 2 other couples  we got 3 rooms together , all  balcony  rooms. I have to say they were quite roomy. More than enough storage space (and I'm a huge overpacker) ,and more than enough walk around room !  The balcony also had more than enough room .          Now for the  food  review !!!  Believe it or not I was very surprised !!! I have been disappointed the last few years on all the RCCL ships, but this time most of the dining room meals were dare I say GOOD. As for the Windjammer , other than for Breakfast, needs alot of More improvement , except for the wait staff , they were great !!!  Portofino was  excellent, we went twice.  We had My Time Dining and  would recommend this.         Now to the entertainment ... Poolside/ same ol- same ol,  The Shows / OK , The music about the Ship- Dizzy's was great , English Pub / not so good, Chamber/ ok, but we are in our late 50's so maybe we are not the best to review .  The Schooner Bar was always packed ,so if you want to get in on the games or even to just get a seat, get there early . The  Casino ,even leaving the Ship with less, the casino was the most fun ,not only the people we met, but the Dealers and Pit-bosses made this a great time !!!       Now for the nightmare called Disembarkation !!!!  I really can't say what they can do to get this right  but they better get some kind of expert to come in and figure out something  !!!      All in all this was a great time, money well spent, already planning for next year after Her makeover!!! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 9640

Closet- more than enough room for 2 adults , Noise- heard loud " conversations"but on the whole pretty quite, Balcony - more than enough room to relax.

Love the beaches here , they just take so long to get to. Shopping I found on the expensive side. Frog and Onion our favorite bar.

Not a fan, We stay on the ship.

Read 1376 San Juan Reviews

We love this port and not for the Beaches, To us it's the best for shopping !

Now this is the best for beaches. We go to St. John to snorkel, our only complaint is you are not there long enough !!!

Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews