Sea Princess Cruise Review by BlueEyedPrincess

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Sea Princess Cruise Review by BlueEyedPrincess
Sea Princess
Sea Princess
Member Name: BlueEyedPrincess
Cruise Date: July 2009
Embarkation: San Francisco
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Number: D238
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Luvs Cruuuuuuuuzen
My time on the Sea Princess.....My Mother, Uncle, Sister and Daughter and I all cruised on the Sea Princess on July 3rd for ten days out of San Francisco to Alaska. Mother and Uncle shared a room on a different deck since we booked late. It worked out fine. And the three of us (me, sister and daughter) all shared a room.

Our first stop was Ketchikan.....which was fun to see. My daughter's first time in Alaska. All the rest of us had cruised to Alaska before. The weather was HOT! Very nice. We just walked around the town and saw the sights.

Our next stop was Haines.......hmmmmmmm......not much to Haines.....BUT...my daughter loved it because it was such a quaint little town....dirt roads and such. One bank...one store....one clinic....oh well.......we did see where they were constructing a totem pole.....that was very interesting.
Juneau the next day......always fun....Mendanhal Glacier was as beautiful and breathtaking as ever. No bears this time....Fun Fun day. We left that port at midnight.

Tracy Arm................amazing!!!!!!!!!! We missed it the last time because of weather....got some great pictures this time....

As far as on board.........the service we had in the begining was so slooooooooooooooooow.....But we had anytime dining so believe it or not.....we kept trying other waitstaff and it got better,

The food was good. Must say the pizza place was tops! My daughter loved it.Room service was great! The room guys were on top of it and our favorite hangout was Crooner's. Larry played piano and has the funniest sense of humor. We all had a great time listening to him. All the Crooner's staff were exceptional. Keyzia, Erwin, Yuri, Bernie, Benji....all of them!

And thanks to Marvin and Steve for hanging out by the pool for us when it was so cool and giving us our sodas when we needed them.

The entertainer AdamAnt was hysterical..........the other acts were........ok......the princess dancers are always good and fun to watch. Larry in his Vista Lounge show was great!
The disco........well.......

Julie the assistant cruise staff was such a sweetheart. Didn't really see much of the others. They just were not that into the passangers. Not like the usual cruises. Julie was the only one that really put forth an effort to have fun with us! Kudos to her!

I rated out cruise on this ship......6 out of 10. I have had better.............................But it is always fun to meet new people and make friends.

Sea Princess is going into dry dock soon............I didn't think she was that bad. Always fun cruisen with Princess.

Publication Date: 07/16/09