Carnival Glory Cruise Review by cooltch

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Public Rooms 5+
        7-9 5+

2nd cruise in 4 months...wasn't disappointed
We cruised on the Carnival Glory in April on Spring Break with a group; and had a blast.  We had so much fun...when planning a summer vacation...and taking up on an offer from my mom for a "Christmas Present" of a vacation cruise... we decided Carnival was the way to go again.  We chose the Glory because of the itinerary and the experience we'd had in April.  We were not disappointed.

Honestly, we had BETTER dining staff this time...in the Golden dining room...with Marco (bar staff), Agung (Waiter) and Risaine (waitress).  They were superb!.  Our cabins on the Lido deck...side by side balcony cabins...we had the steward open up the balcony divider for us... and we had a grand time!

All over the staff greeted us by name.    Honestly...  it WAS more crowded this trip.  And my complaints would be more with the other guests...and their children... we had an 8 year old with us...who was relatively well mannered.  My husband and I are both in education...and I we deal with kiddos most of the year... well...  there were some pretty rude kids on the ship (as were their parents).  On spring break (where I expected some rowdiness)...not so much.

But...as for Carnival...we were very pleased.  Our daughter took part in Camp Carnival a couple of the days and LOVED it.  We were very pleased with the staff, the activities and the security (that's the overprotective parents and educators in us :).

The ship was very clean.  Yes..it's going into dry dock in January... and that will do her well.  But...you know the ship looks great.

The ports were fine.  We LOVE St. Maartan.  Take the snorkeling tour on the Golden Eagle...it was great.
St. Thomas...we weren't with it...and waited too long to book a trip...and ended up with the all inclusive island tour.  It got us to Maegan's Bay (we wanted a beach)...but we had to stop at A LOT of road side stands (I think buddies of the tour guide). Maegan's Bay IS beautiful.  Next time, though... I think we'll go to St. John's.  Blackbeard's Castle wasn't too much too look at for us either.

Food...it was really good.  You have to know what to order (not the flat iron steak).  Otherwise...it's decent.  We were pleased.

I was NOT pleased with embarkation this time.  It was more chaotic.  There were medical questionnaires to complete...due to swine flu concerns.  I didn't have a problem completing those.  But...i think it could've been handled more efficiently.  The  port staff wasn't as pleasant as i remembered in April.

Debarkation  was MUCH smoother.  We did self assist again (and we packed A LOT smarter...fewer clothes and used the self laundry on ship). BUT  the Glory staff now encouraged people to go wait in larger areas like the Amber palace, etc...and we went early... skipped breakfast (although my daughter and mom got room service early that morning...very smart) and got down elevators.  We were off the ship by 8:30.  It was awesome!

I have to give kudos to Ryan the cruise director...he was great as well.

We'll choose Carnival again...maybe the Glory.

Publication Date: 07/16/09