Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by KS78: Save Your Money and Book at a Resort! No A/C given a Box FAN

KS78
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Save Your Money and Book at a Resort! No A/C given a Box FAN

Sail Date: July 2009
Embarkation: Galveston

My parents and myself are former Galvestonians.   I'd like to add before you begin reading this review that both my mom and my dad lost their house in hurricane Ike and were looking forward to a relaxing trip.

We arrived at our terminal at 1:15pm and were surprised by the number of people at the terminal.  To our surprise the previous cruise was late by 2 1/2 hours and people were being released by the ship. Needless to say, this meant that we had to wait in line for nearly 3 hours without water or even vending machines (all were sold out) to embark the ship.  Close to 4pm we finally made it to our room and rushed to go find a drink before muster began.

Room Review:

Motel 6 anyone?  I never expected the room to be 5 star, but the dust and the depressing/dirty decor made a Motel 6 look posh.  Of course the rooms are small, this we expected but I certainly wasn't expecting this.

My parents were in a room 2 doors away (also on the More Upper deck) and their air conditioning did NOT work.  They reported the problem to anyone and everyone and no one could fix it. The end result was that they were given a BOX FAN to keep them cool!!!   They were miserable the entire trip as you could imagine. My father requested that a crew member come to his room and tell him that it was a comfortable temperature and they continuously said that the air was BEARABLE.

Food Review:

Food was okay. Not terrible but not great either. The highlight of the trip was our waiter at our late dinner seating. He was very entertaining and efficient.

Pool:  Was there a pool?  Oh that must have been the bath tub situated in the middle of the Lido deck. Half of which was taken up by the slide.

Overall ship:  Badly dated decor is the nicest way I can put this. There was also a very pungent sewer smell throughout the ship particularly around the dining areas. Not very appetizing when you're waiting to be seated.

Again, if you are reading this review to help you decide if this is the cruise for you then look elsewhere. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy U119

We had to wait nearly 2 hours to embark the ship and there was not any water accessible and all of the 2 vending machines were sold out.