Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Mattydi: 4th of July Weekend on the Imagination

Mattydi
Member Since 2009
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Bahamas Cruises

4th of July Weekend on the Imagination

Sail Date: July 2009
Destination: Bahamas

Spent a great 4th of July Weekend on the Carnival Imagination.
We arrived in the Port of Maimi terminal around 1130 (recommend to get there an hour early to be the lines) and parked our car and walked across the street to the terminal.

Immediately our bags were taken from us and we walked inside.  The terminal itself was nice and modern.

Last time i cruised it was out of New York and this was a major difference.
We were checked in and onboard within 10 minutes(even though check-in was at 12:30), no hassles, no problems, we just had to wait till 1:30 for our room to be ready. I would suggest arriving early or late to check in without he lines.

The food on the Lido deck's Horizon Grill was pretty good.  Not as much of a selection as there was on the Carnival Miracle which I had been on a year earlier but this was a smaller ship and to be expected.
The grill where the burgers were good but if you wanted your burger cooked a certain way(IE. I More like my burgers medium rare) than you will have to wait, because all the burgers were cooked to Medium Well unless specified.

You could get Pizza and Room service round the clock which was good.  We stopped at the 24 hr pizza all 3 nights around 3-4 am.  Being a  New Yorker I was surprised the Pizza is better than most pizzarias you find out of New York.

The Casino was nice, had about 10-12 tables and all different types of video poker and slots.  Usually after showtime the casino was popping till late night. Most tables had a $5 minimum.

This ship has 2 main dining rooms, the Spirit and the Pride Dining Rooms.  We were in the Pride dining room because we had the "Dine at your time" dining plan.  We could go to dinner any time between 5:45 and 9:30.
The flexibility was great but you dont get the same service from your waiter as you do with assigned tables and times.

The food was good, Nothing to write home about but it was good.  You definitely got enough and if you wanted more, dont be shy about asking, they'll bring you more, just ask!  The best thing i had was this Indian Spice Pumpkin Soup.

Entertainment:
There was always something going on while you were at Sea.  Whether it was the piano man in the Atrium Lobby or the Live band up on deck by the pool, you couldnt walk too far without running into some kind of music being played.

The shows were well produced and were very entertaining.  Your typical vegas style shows that are always fun to watch.

There was Karaoke every night in the Xanadu lounge and a DJ in the Illusions Disco.  The DJ was not to my taste, he played mainly a lot of Hip Hop and Rap which is fine if thats what you like but he didn't have variety.  When I'm at a club I want to hear some Dance music or House, or even some remixes of Top 40, but for the crowd that likes the Hip Hop it would be for them.
There were sing alongs in the Piano bar and a live band in the lounge, and so much other entertainment that the disco was the last place for me to visit.

4th of July they had a deck party while we were in the Bahamas.  It was your typical deck party with the live band and DJ playing, and the endless conga line, Macarena, Electric Slide, Etc... A lot of fun.

I would definitely suggest this Itinerary to anyone who wants to get away for a long weekend! Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Interior Main U203

The room was perfect for a 3 day cruise.  There was plenty of closet space and adequate room so that 2 single guys were not on top of each other. I had cruised last year with a balcony which on a longer cruise i suggest to everyone to do so, but for a 3 day cruise you're not in the room enough to care.Only problem was our cabin was all the way at the Aft of the ship, so when we needed to get to and from our room to the Main Atrium or Pride Dining Hall, it was a trek.

Nassau was a beautiful place to go in to port. We arrived at 10 am on July 4th. We walked around the shops in the area than hit up a cab and went to Cable Beach. I would suggest everyone goes to this beach. The water was warm, clean and clear. Alot of people but not over crowded, you could easily find a spot to place your towel or you could rent chairs and umbrellas from the local stand on the beach/

I also recommend getting the bahamas mamas on the beach, $4 a piece they were worth it, served in your coconut shell with a straw.

When we got back to Nassau there was a Independence day celebration going on in the streets with a marching band and all. (4th of July? Go figure)

Overall was a great port to visit!!

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews