Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by yan1kee: Liberty was awesome we already booked the Oasis

yan1kee
Member Since 2009
1 Post

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Liberty was awesome we already booked the Oasis

Sail Date: June 2009

My wife and I in our forties and our 12 year old daughter. We spent 3 days in the keys. We stayed at a resort in the middle keys, however wish we would have spent all the time in Key West. Key West Sunset Sports excursion is  a most for families in Key West. Jet ski, parasail, banana boat, snorkel, knee board, skiing, ice bergs for $139 per person.

Embarkation was a breeze and went fast. We got to our room in one hour and it was ready to be occupied. Went out for the sail away and it was a very pretty sight watching Miami go away. We then took a good couple of hours to familiarize ourself with the ship. We walked most decks front to back. Walkie talkies are a must if you have children.

The Liberty was a very big ship. Never felt as tho there were too many people on board. The only time it felt busy was when they had special occasion events on the promenade deck. The parades, BBQ lunch was very packed and we felt a bit claustrophobic. More Easily found lounge chairs by the pool. We took too many clothes, too many suitcases, we only used half of what we brought. Our IPOD docking station and IPOD were great for relaxing and getting ready in our cabin. A number I will remember $11.39 for 2 Bud lights.

Don't forget to try the rock climbing, try the flowrider.

My daughter left in the morning and we hardly saw her till midnight. She made wonderful friends and took advantage of the teen clubs. We know she is having a great time when we hardly see her. Buy a Christmas ornament for every port. We have a Christmas ornament for every destination we have ever visited

Our first port was Labadee Haiti. We booked the Malfini Beach excursion. This had seme of the most beautiful coral reef formation. HINT, take your own snorkel gear as it is not available. We booked Malfini for the morning, it was very secluded and if you are a couple and wish seclusion and beauty, book both the morning and afternoon Malfini Beach. Maybe they would just leave you there in between excursions. However we had a 12 year old so the morning session was enough as my daughter wanted to get back to the main island and find her friends. Back on the main beach, one hour at the aqua park was enough for my daughter. The lunch was very tasty on Labadee. The rum drinks come to you with no alcohol and then the RC crew will pour the rum in when you buy the specialty drink. Ask that they pour some drink out. That way they can get a little bit more rum in because for $8.95 we did not want just a small splash. Drinks should have some bite.

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 7710

Rear ship balcony was great as we could also use the balcony to store our luggage. Never felt cramped. Great sunsets. Any questions feel free to contact 5204034161

(5.5)
Swim and play with the Dolphins was the best excursion we booked. Ride the dolphin, play with the dolphin and then when you think that is all, the Dolphin pushes you from behind on a boogie board. Our dolphin was named Itsmata. After the excursion they take you into a room to view the video they just shot of your group. Never hesitataed, paid the $40 without thinking twice. The photos they try to sell you are very highly priced. We only purcahsed one. You can then rent snorkel equipment for Chanakuh Park.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

The most beautiful and greatest water we have seen. Yo can see 20-30 feet down. If you wish to take Sports Ilustrated type photos get dolled up and hit the 7 mile beach first thing and then partake in the ocean. I took awesome photos of my wife and daughter. We booked the Beach Resort Colony with lunch for $59 bucks. We wish we would have just paid for a taxi and taxied to this same destination. That way we could have used the same $180 for excursion while on the Resort Colony. Because while you are lounging on the beach there are two sports and excursion desks right on the beach, right next to each other. I would have used the $180 to parasail, banana boat, jet ski, even taken a snorkel trip to Stingray City. The only thing would have been, get there early as the excursion fill up quickly. Again I would have rather self excursion on 7 mile beach.

Another awesome time in Ocho Rios, we booked the horse back ride on land and then swim in the ocean. You take an hour or so land ride and then you change into your swimwear and swim in the ocean with your horse. I had some prior riding experience and the wrangler noted that and ask if I wanted the fast horse. I said yes and MAN!! this horse could swim. It was an experience you will not forget. My daughter felt a bit sorry for the horses, felt they were getting rode hard. However, I reminded her that the horses are their bread and butter so they are mainained and treated very healthy. Tip your wrangler, they work very hard for you and count on tourism. This excursion also have their own camera people who then try to sell you photos. I felt it was way overpriced, like $120, so we moved on. You are taken by cab to the riding area and back. We wish we would have paid the driver a few extra bucks to drop us off at Dunns River Falls. It is on the way back to the Liberty and we did not take advantage, thus we did not experience Dunns River Falls.