Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by karrie3399: Not Cruising the Way it Used to Be

Celebrity Silhouette 3
karrie3399
Member Since 2010
68 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Not Cruising the Way it Used to Be

Sail Date: December 2016

This was our 18th cruise and first one on Celebrity. The deal was amazing, and so we went for it. We upgraded to concierge class for a nominal fee and it was really worth the upgrade.

Check in was a breeze. Literally no lines and we were having a sit down lunch in no time flat. It was lovely to be invited to this special lunch, but if I knew we were going to be so rushed.....we wouldn't have went.

Our cabin was lovely, but the sofa was stained and it really grossed me out. The ship was elegant and nicely decorated for the holidays, but not as clean as many other ships I have seen. Love the hand towels in the public bathrooms, it's just a nice touch. They are very spacious and kept very very clean. However, there were often times long lines. Too few stalls.....because they were so spacious.

The food was ok. The first morning we had room service bring us our breakfast. This was a perk of the concierge class. They called to let us know that they were More on the way, which was wonderful since we were sleeping. Unfortunately, our breakfast arrived cold, the eggs undercooked (runny omelettes...yuk), the bacon too salty to eat, and the ham just awful.

Breakfast in the buffet was fine. They had lines for waffles and omelettes. Food was not hot. It was a typical breakfast buffet with mediocre food, but plenty of it.

The food in the lunch buffet was good. There always seemed like there was something to eat. I loved to make a huge salad and have that with a crusty baguette with turkey salad. They had the BEST BEST BEST bread on this ship, including break sticks.

Dinner buffet was also good...but for this caliber of cruise, you would think that the waiters would be more involved. Perhaps offering water and having tables already set with silverware. I couldn't find a bread plate anywhere and when i asked for one, nobody seemed to ever hear of one. The plates were very very heavy.....which is probably not the best idea when you are carrying it around.

The worst part of the cruise was the lack of entertainment and entertainment space and the crowded feeling that this ship always had. I think that they have gone too too far with the specialty restaurants and didnt leave enough space to just have a good time. For instance, the first night we went to the place where there was supposed to be a game show. It was in the middle of a hallway with perhaps 12 seats. The rest of the people were just gathered around. This made passing through this area very hard. It also made it impossible for us to enjoy the show, so we left. There needs to be much less food places and more places to just have fun. Celebrity really missed the mark on this.

The casino was nice and it was great that it was non smoking. I really appreciated that since this is the first ship that had that. However, it was really really hard to get a drink. The waiters were not around and not pleasant. I would go up to the bar and wait for the bartender to wait on me, but that was frustrating too. I think i would rather have a line....so at least you know that he knows that your next.

Think that we will not do a Celebrity cruise again, unless some really major changes happen. Less

Published 01/11/17

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: C11026 Concierge Class 1

Nice cabin. The sofa was stained and gross.

Read All Concierge Class 1 (C1) Reviews >>

didn't get off the ship here....been here soooo many times
Read 4917 Cozumel Reviews

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean Cruises

karrie3399
Member Since 2010
68 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X