Awesome Family Christmas Cruise: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by fourward88

Awesome Family Christmas Cruise

Sail Date: December 2016
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles
My husband and 4 adult children took our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Jewel this Christmas and had a wonderful time! The service was excellent, the food was delicious and there were tons of it, the cabin was spacious enough for my husband and I, the beds were super comfortable, the rooms were always promptly cleaned, the bands by the pool were awesome and the Ultimate Beverage Package let us relax and drink whatever we wanted whenever we wanted without having to worry about the cost. We always had something to do; lounge by the pool, play a game in the game room, play shuffleboard, basketball, go to the gym, run around the track, or do absolutely nothing at all. We loved visiting the cities when we docked and getting on and off the boat was fast, easy and enjoyable We look forward to our next Norwegian cruise and. I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone....young, old, single, family...anyone!! Less

Published 01/08/17

Cabin review:

There is a tender boat to take you to land. Cabo is very Americanized and I didn't find there was a lot to do sightseeingwise. It is a long walk around the marina (or you can take a water taxi) to the beach, but there are lots o places to eat and drink on the beach which is beautiful.

I LOVED Mazatlan. There are a bunch of American volunteers who live there during the winter months who stand on the blue line track which takes you to old town and give you advice and information. They are VERY helpful and nice. We also walked to see the cliff divers (unbelievable) and hiked up the lighthouse. This is an excursion on the boat, but you can taxi there for $4 per person and hike it yourself. It takes about 20 minutes at a brisk pace.
Read 495 Mazatlan Reviews

We took a cheap taxi into town and walked to a beach and ate amazing camerones on a stick and swam in the beautiful water.

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Mexican Riviera Cruises

1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X