Carnival Glory Cruise Review by 4sisters: I'M ALWAYS HAPPY CRUISING!!

4sisters
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

I'M ALWAYS HAPPY CRUISING!!

Sail Date: June 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our 2nd "Sister" Cruise and included 3 neices.  It was everyone's first time on Carnival except me.  While Carnival Glory may not meet your choice of decor, who really cares.  Maybe I'm really easy to please but all I can say is, I did not have to make my bed, cook, wash dishes or clean a bathroom!  I slept as late as I wanted (which I don't do but could if I wanted to), walked out on the balcony to see the blue ocean, threw on some clothes and had a hot cup of coffee and several choices of breakfast items.

First, embarkation was quite easy.  We all grabbed some lunch, were done by 1:30 and time to go check out our cabins.  We had 3 balcony rooms together and 2 neices were in an interior room on the same deck as us.  We asked that the dividers be unlocked which was perfect so we could all sit out there (although our neighbors probably didn't like it).  The room was great, lots of closet space and I thought the bathroom was pretty More good.  Our cabin steward did his job but I would say he went above and beyond.  Bottom line, everything got done and that's all I care about, he doesn't have to know my name.

The ship is older and decor is dated, but I knew that going in.  That's one reason the price is lower.  If your priority is newer decor and more amenities, by all means look for a larger, newer and more expensive ship.  We picked this ship because of the stops and that it sailed out of Port Canaveral which was about a 7-8 hour drive for us.

The entertainment was pretty typical from cruise to cruise.  I still enjoy attending.  I did not see the comedians but a few in our group did and enjoyed both.  I always enjoy the Love and Marriage show and it didn't disappoint again!  The Casino was quite large and I thought beautiful.  There's also a very striking library with a black/white checkerboard theme.  There's a coffee/dessert bar which I never tried but wanted too!  The small pools don't bother me as I just lay out and don't ever get in to swim.  The fact that they're spread out I liked and to me kept it from being so congested.

The stops were Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  All 8 of us booked a tour through Godfrey Simms in Nassau and he told us some of the history, spent an hour at Ardastra Gardens and an hour at Atlantis.  I would like to spend more time at Atlantis.  In St. Thomas 4 of us went parasailing which was fantastic!  In St. Maarten 2 neices and I went on the Scenic Coastal Hike which I loved!  It was absolutely beautiful and that cold beer that was waiting for me at the end was perfect!

The dining room staff did a great job.  The food was excellent and plenty to choose from.  I had no problem with lunch either.  I like the pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs.  The Fish and Chips that several people like was not my favorite. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Upper 6435

Near elevator which provided easy access to Casino, bars, etc. on 5th floor and then straight up to deck 9 to Red Sail Restaurant and a small pool at the back of the ship.  The cabin had good closet space and the bathroom seemed to be laid out well compared to others I've seen.  The sofa was worn but the ship is due to dry dock in 2010.  Overall, I would book this room again or one close to it!

I booked a private tour for 8 through Godfrey Simms. He was very accommodating,friendly and knowledgeable. We spent an hour at Ardastra Gardens (not well maintained, but unusual animals for those interested) and an hour at Atlantis. I would like to spend more time there. We were docked short time from 8-2 so not much time, but this being my 3rd time there a whole day is not necessary. I would recommend spending majority of time at Atlantis.

Read 2609 Nassau Reviews

In this port, 2 neices and I booked the Scenic Coastal Hike through the cruiseline and for me this was a great time (moderate hike) and had absolutely beautiful views. The guide was friendly, informative and made sure everyone was drinking water (it was a very hot day). We ended the hike at a beautiful beach and he bought everyone a drink and that was the best beer I've had in quite some time. I decided to try what the bartender recommended (Caribe) and enjoyed it very much. I did a little shopping in Philipsburg but didn't find the shops to be anything out of the ordinary nor great prices. On my next visit I want to see the French side!

4 people in my party of 8 booked the Parasailing excursion through the cruiseline and were not disappointed! There were 12 in the boat and they took you up 2 at a time. We were up high for 5 minutes or more and they gently brough you down into the water for a few seconds which was fantastic. Afterwards we went back to the ship and ate lunch, then went shopping. The liquor prices are fantastic here! My next visit there, I want to see more of the island, but my parasailing adventure will be hard to beat!

Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews