Carnival Glory Cruise Review by 4sisters

Member Name: 4sisters
Cruise Date: June 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8B

I'M ALWAYS HAPPY CRUISING!!
This was our 2nd "Sister" Cruise and included 3 neices.  It was everyone's first time on Carnival except me.  While Carnival Glory may not meet your choice of decor, who really cares.  Maybe I'm really easy to please but all I can say is, I did not have to make my bed, cook, wash dishes or clean a bathroom!  I slept as late as I wanted (which I don't do but could if I wanted to), walked out on the balcony to see the blue ocean, threw on some clothes and had a hot cup of coffee and several choices of breakfast items.

First, embarkation was quite easy.  We all grabbed some lunch, were done by 1:30 and time to go check out our cabins.  We had 3 balcony rooms together and 2 neices were in an interior room on the same deck as us.  We asked that the dividers be unlocked which was perfect so we could all sit out there (although our neighbors probably didn't like it).  The room was great, lots of closet space and I thought the bathroom was pretty good.  Our cabin steward did his job but I would say he went above and beyond.  Bottom line, everything got done and that's all I care about, he doesn't have to know my name.

The ship is older and decor is dated, but I knew that going in.  That's one reason the price is lower.  If your priority is newer decor and more amenities, by all means look for a larger, newer and more expensive ship.  We picked this ship because of the stops and that it sailed out of Port Canaveral which was about a 7-8 hour drive for us.

The entertainment was pretty typical from cruise to cruise.  I still enjoy attending.  I did not see the comedians but a few in our group did and enjoyed both.  I always enjoy the Love and Marriage show and it didn't disappoint again!  The Casino was quite large and I thought beautiful.  There's also a very striking library with a black/white checkerboard theme.  There's a coffee/dessert bar which I never tried but wanted too!  The small pools don't bother me as I just lay out and don't ever get in to swim.  The fact that they're spread out I liked and to me kept it from being so congested.

The stops were Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  All 8 of us booked a tour through Godfrey Simms in Nassau and he told us some of the history, spent an hour at Ardastra Gardens and an hour at Atlantis.  I would like to spend more time at Atlantis.  In St. Thomas 4 of us went parasailing which was fantastic!  In St. Maarten 2 neices and I went on the Scenic Coastal Hike which I loved!  It was absolutely beautiful and that cold beer that was waiting for me at the end was perfect!

The dining room staff did a great job.  The food was excellent and plenty to choose from.  I had no problem with lunch either.  I like the pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs.  The Fish and Chips that several people like was not my favorite.

Publication Date: 07/03/09