Firstly, we had a great holiday. The crew and our fellow dinner guests were super. The ports fantastic. The entertainment really good.
BUT there are things you need to know and which, I'm sad to say, RCI don't seem to want you to know!
1. Any drinks other than straight coffee or tea, with your evening dinner, are charged!
2. BUS Transfers out of port ARE OPTIONAL. Every port has taxi's, buses, hire cars or trains for you to use, and at far less cost than the official transfer from the ship. Do it yourself by asking for the location of bus and train stations, they won't tell you if you don't ask. The locals are also VERY helpful. All transport seems to use ONE WAY tickets and there is no reduction for buying a RETURN. This gives you the flexibility to come and go as you please.
3. You can opt to pay the TIPS to your cabin attendant, waiter etc in envelopes supplied on the last evening of the cruise. To do this just choose the CASH option when you book. Once you give your credit card details they will take the set amount (117) in US$, which is bad for us Europeans.
4. When you come to pay your final bill, the Purser's office only accept UD$ or a credit card. Euros have to be changed into US$ first! Again not so good for us.
5. Most of the complaints I heard were from people who hadn't done any research as to what to expect. More fool them.