Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by t168: Regent is no Radisson

Sail Date: May 2009
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Monaco

Cruise May 16 on Regent Seven Seas Navigator

We have cruised many times with this cruise line before it changed its name from Radisson to Regent, and what I can say is that Regent is no Radisson. While Radisson tried its best to accommodate customer needs, Regent does not seem to care.

Prior to this cruise, I had occasion to contact its corporate staff (Gair O'Neill and Ken Watson). Getting them to return phone calls was like pulling teeth. I never managed to speak to O'Neill, and Watson was totally unhelpful when I managed to track him down.

On boarding the ship, the same uncaring attitude continued. As they requested, I had booked my shore excursions on-line, prior to boarding. After boarding, I found that they did not have my bookings. When I pointed it out, they blamed their computer. What is worse, the ship's staff did not care because they said it was a corporate office problem, not theirs. They refused to put me on the shore excursion they lost even though More they had a few vacancies, because they were holding them for some passengers who had not boarded yet. A more clear-cut case of discrimination I cannot think of.

As for the food and service, economy seems to be the watchword for all meals, but especially in the afternoon teas. Their pastry chef appears to be learning the trade.

The rooms are adequate in size, but chips in the shower tiles and a tight-fisted policy towards bath amenities do not go with a cruise that bills itself as a six star experience.

The entertainment is embarrassing. While they had quite a few performers, they should note that quality is preferred over quantity.

In all respects, the cruise line does not compare to Radisson. Less

Read more Seven Seas Navigator cruise reviews >>