Noordam Cruise Review by Man_Overboard: Holland America and their

Overall Member Rating

Holland America and their

Sail Date: April 2009
Destination: Transatlantic

My wife and I sailed on the April 3 FLL to Rome cruise aboard Noordam.  Our accomadations were spectacular.  The room spacious, the bathroom huge and the wrap around balcony incredible!  Going West to East on this TA, we chose the SW corner aft for our suite and it paid off in spades.  We had sun everyday from 9am until sunset on at least some part of our huge balcony.  I would have to describe this suite and its location as being a private yacht. Luxury & Location.

Now the bad news.  The crew was incompetent and the officers didn't care.  The Pinnacle dining room was a joke. 2 of the 3 steaks that I ordered were woefully over cooked.  They crow about having a 1600 degree broiler. Now they just need someone who knows how to use it.  Chef Rob had attitude like you would not believe. Nose in the air and out of joint.

The hotel manager aboard ship, Rene, informed me that I was only 1 of 2,000 passengers. So deal with More it.  Thank you Rene! I had only paid $7,300 for the privilege!

One gets tired of all the cute "Dam Ship" t's, caps, mugs, etc.  What they need aboard Noordam is "We don't give a Dam!" apparell for the officers to wear.

Only after I lowered my expectations to the point of; short of sinking the ship I expected nothing from the crew, did I begin to enjoy the cruise.  The service was that bad.

We have received a nice form letter for HA but nothing else.  Put up and shut up is the working model at Holland America - and that is for the paying guests! Less

Published 06/21/09

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Compare Prices on Noordam Transatlantic Cruises

Cabin review: SB5191 Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

Huge. King bed. Lots of deck chairs (8!) Huge bathroom with tub and shower. Double vanity. Dressing room.Excellent.

Read All Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite (SB) Reviews >>

Huge. Busy. Electric.

Read 1423 Barcelona Reviews

Fun. Beautiful.

Read 70 Ibiza Reviews

Read 532 Lisbon Reviews

Small. Beautiful. Personal favorite.

Compare Prices on Noordam Transatlantic Cruises

Member Since 2009
80 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X