Carnival Elation Cruise Review by jpg1747: Cruise to Catalina Instead of Ensenada

Carnival Elation 5
Member Since 2006
3,414 Forum Posts

Cruise to Catalina Instead of Ensenada

Sail Date: June 2009
Destination: USA
Embarkation: San Diego

This was a short getaway to relax after a family visit in California.   I was not unhappy with the change from Ensenada to Catalina - I've been to both before and either one was fine with me.  I didn't plan to do an excursion in either place.

I had a spacious 1A cabin - it was perfect for one person.   Never met my cabin steward, but he did a great job.  I haven't had an inside cabin for a while, but it was fine for a short cruise.   Room service every morning was a nice way to wake up.

I had late dining and was assigned to a table for 8.    We were only 3 for dinner but my dining companions were very pleasant and we had a great time.  Our waiter and assistant were terrific.  I also ate in the dining room for breakfast and lunch on the sea day - all very good.   At the buffet, I prefer the grills and pizza to the other offerings.

I didn't do much as far More as activities went, preferring to spend most of the days on the adults only serenity deck.   I saw a couple of shows, which were good and visited a couple of the lounges for karaoke and other music.   I spent just enough time in the casino to make a small deposit - rare for me since I usually win.

Embarkation and debarkation were quick and easy.  I carried my one small roll-on on and off myself. Less

Published 06/18/09

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: 1AU175 Interior Upper/Lower

1A-U175:  Very spacious and quiet inside cabin.   No outside traffic.  Located aft at the end of a center hallway.   Lots of closet and storage space.   Bed was wonderful.  Adquate bathroom and shower.  As this is an older ship there is only one outlet and no hair dryer.   I would choose this cabin again

This is a tender port.   The ride over was very short and the guide was very informative.   I was only there long enough to pick up another book to read and get a fabulous one hour massage at the day spa at the Hotel Metropole.   I highly recommend this place for those who like spa treatments.

Skip X