Carnival Elation Cruise Review by jpg1747

Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: U.S.A.
Cabin Category: 1A
Cabin Number: U175
See More About: Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Cruise to Catalina Instead of Ensenada
This was a short getaway to relax after a family visit in California.   I was not unhappy with the change from Ensenada to Catalina - I've been to both before and either one was fine with me.  I didn't plan to do an excursion in either place.

I had a spacious 1A cabin - it was perfect for one person.   Never met my cabin steward, but he did a great job.  I haven't had an inside cabin for a while, but it was fine for a short cruise.   Room service every morning was a nice way to wake up.

I had late dining and was assigned to a table for 8.    We were only 3 for dinner but my dining companions were very pleasant and we had a great time.  Our waiter and assistant were terrific.  I also ate in the dining room for breakfast and lunch on the sea day - all very good.   At the buffet, I prefer the grills and pizza to the other offerings.

I didn't do much as far as activities went, preferring to spend most of the days on the adults only serenity deck.   I saw a couple of shows, which were good and visited a couple of the lounges for karaoke and other music.   I spent just enough time in the casino to make a small deposit - rare for me since I usually win.

Embarkation and debarkation were quick and easy.  I carried my one small roll-on on and off myself.

Publication Date: 06/18/09