Carnival Valor Cruise Review by CSIMelissa

Entertainment Not Rated
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

2 Weeks in Paradise!
I will keep my review brief. I could carry on and on in detail about the wonderful experiences on this ship, but I'll spare the reader! After spending two weeks on board it was very, very difficult to leave the smiling faces of the crew behind.

The ship itself was beautifully decorated and the theme of the ship is one of my favorites.  The crew was wonderful - everyone from the captain and ship's officers to the room stewards to the maintenance men you would see out and about on the ship. The cruise director could have been better, however, but that's beside the point.

The itinerary was great - Grand Cayman (a favorite port of mine), Roatan Island (another favorite), Belize and Cozumel.  I wasn't that impressed with Cozumel and I was actually very happy when the ship was diverted to Key West on my second leg of the cruise instead of Cozumel because of the Swine Flu.

The food, service and entertainment were all exceptional. This was the first time I had sailed with Carnival for about 6 months and I could tell there were some things missing from the menu that used to be on every night (like New York Strip steak), but I found the offerings and variety on the menu pleasing. Love the pasta dishes and of course, the chocolate melting cake!

Anyway, I would highly recommend this ship, itinerary and of course, CARNIVAL to anyone. They are the only cruise line I have ever sailed with and I will continue to sail exclusively with them.

Publication Date: 06/16/09