Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jsm1225: What a Cruise!

jsm1225
Member Since 2001

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

What a Cruise!

Sail Date: June 2009

This was cruise no. 7 for us.  We were celebrating our anniversary and were look for something really special.  I chose this particular cruise merely because I wanted to see a "freedom" class ship. We have been on other cruise lines as well as RCCL.  The other RCCL cruise was merely "OK" - food was really bad.  I had determined to give them one more chance to sell me. They did it!  Service was prompt, friendly, absolutely wonderful.  I cannot think of anything they could have done to make it better.  Food was really good, this time. The ship is the most beautiful I have ever been on and has more to do than you can possibly do in 7 days. It would be an especially good trip for families with children. There are plenty of areas and activities for them. There were lots of kids on board, but my husband and I did not find that a bother or a distraction for our romantic, anniversary cruise.  The adults only pool area really helped with More that, as well as the kids' programs.

Entertainment on board was the best we have ever had and was also family friendly for the most part.  I give the whole experience 2 thumbs up and a star rating of about 1000.  Sail Liberty of the Seas, you will not be disappointed unless you are extremely hard to please and are just looking for something to complain about.  I can't imagine what it could be, but I'm sure someone will come up with something they didn't like.

The guests  were the most international group I've ever sailed with.  I enjoyed meeting people from other countries and hearing the Dutch citizens evaluations of Dutch St. Maarten.  Just a neat little extra.

Labadee, Haiti is a Royal Caribbean private beach area.  It is really still under construction, but there is plenty to do, including picking up treasures for your next garage sale.  I didn't; this truly is my only complaint - the pressure of the vendors to buy something, anything for $2.00.  Of course, you don't have to go into the market area at all, but if you do, be forewarned.

Our weather wasn't good that day so the hammocks, beach chairs, etc. were not as wonderful as they could have been. On a beautiful day, this could be a really fun or restful (depending on your choices) stop. Zip lining, jet skis, parasailing or sunning as well as a giant barbecue. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 7 9682

great location - very quiet. adequate storage but not huge.  Bringing a small hanging shoe bag was a great idea from CruiseDiva.com.  Hallway was quiet and balcony was nice but certainly not spacious.  The room was really quite nice - in every way.I

San Juan is a beautiful place. We did not take an excursion this time, because we had been there before.  Be sure you tour the Old City and the fort if it is your first time there.  We took a carriage ride, which we really enjoyed and then just shopped some in the Old City.  It made for a really pleasant day. I did find a Coach outlet store with incredible prices better than any I've seen in the U.S.

I also found a vendor selling handmade jewelry made from tarpin scales.  They were unique, beautiful and affordable.  Make great gifts for daughters or friends back home.

Read 1358 San Juan Reviews

I love both sides of St. Maarten - French and Dutch.  The French side is always a little less crowded, since the ships dock in Phillipsburg.  We shared a little bus with other cruisers and wen to the French side first.  Be sure you try a little French pastry.  They are some shops with beautiful French and Italian clothes, but very expensive.

For a pretty view, climb to the top of Fort St. Louis.  Then head back to Phillipsburg  - for shopping, beaches, Sequeway riders, and perhaps lunch at the Barefoot Restaurant right on the beach.

The ship dock is really a walkable trek if you want to burn off a few calories and it is not too hot.

There are a few really beautiful beaches on the island if you are a beach bum.