Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jsm1225

Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: jsm1225
Cruise Date: June 2009
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+

What a Cruise!

This was cruise no. 7 for us.  We were celebrating our anniversary and were look for something really special.  I chose this particular cruise merely because I wanted to see a "freedom" class ship. We have been on other cruise lines as well as RCCL.  The other RCCL cruise was merely "OK" - food was really bad.  I had determined to give them one more chance to sell me. They did it!  Service was prompt, friendly, absolutely wonderful.  I cannot think of anything they could have done to make it better.  Food was really good, this time. The ship is the most beautiful I have ever been on and has more to do than you can possibly do in 7 days. It would be an especially good trip for families with children. There are plenty of areas and activities for them. There were lots of kids on board, but my husband and I did not find that a bother or a distraction for our romantic, anniversary cruise.  The adults only pool area really helped with that, as well as the kids' programs.

great location - very quiet. adequate storage but not huge.  Bringing a small hanging shoe bag was a great idea from CruiseDiva.com.  Hallway was quiet and balcony was nice but certainly not spacious.  The room was really quite nice - in every way.

Entertainment on board was the best we have ever had and was also family friendly for the most part.  I give the whole experience 2 thumbs up and a star rating of about 1000.  Sail Liberty of the Seas, you will not be disappointed unless you are extremely hard to please and are just looking for something to complain about.  I can't imagine what it could be, but I'm sure someone will come up with something they didn't like.

The guests  were the most international group I've ever sailed with.  I enjoyed meeting people from other countries and hearing the Dutch citizens evaluations of Dutch St. Maarten.  Just a neat little extra.

Labadee, Haiti is a Royal Caribbean private beach area.  It is really still under construction, but there is plenty to do, including picking up treasures for your next garage sale.  I didn't; this truly is my only complaint - the pressure of the vendors to buy something, anything for $2.00.  Of course, you don't have to go into the market area at all, but if you do, be forewarned.

Our weather wasn't good that day so the hammocks, beach chairs, etc. were not as wonderful as they could have been. On a beautiful day, this could be a really fun or restful (depending on your choices) stop. Zip lining, jet skis, parasailing or sunning as well as a giant barbecue.

Publication Date: 06/16/09