Carnival Pride Cruise Review by pedipal

Carnival Pride
Member Name: pedipal
Cruise Date: June 2009
Embarkation: Baltimore
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+
        16+ 1.0

Great family vacation away from TECHNOLOGY
My son is leaving for college and wanted to go on a family cruise before he leaves.  I chose Carnival out of Baltimore because we don't have the hassels of flying.  It was an easy drive  to the pier.  We arrived late at 3:30 and had no problems getting thru security and were soon in our rooms with luggage and were able to unpack before leaving the harbor.

The first 2 days at sea were very relaxing- maybe too relaxing for my 3 teenagers. They refused to join in the activities at the O2 Club. I could care less since they had their own cabin and my husband and I had ours. We met each day at dinner at the Normandie Restaurant where the food was so good we never bothered to try David's.

My husband and I are early risers so we would get up early and go to the spa to work out-I did the Aerobics and Yoga class each morning before going down to breakfast.

The rest of the day was spent reading or playing games.

The ports were fine-interesting that Carnival seems to keep you from any contact with the "natives".  Grand Turk is a very small island 1 x 7 miles with a small beach.  It would have been nice to be able to rent bicycles to explore on our own. None were available.

Half Moon Cay was very "Disney-like" in its perfection-crystal clear water and perfect sugar sand beaches.

Freeport was an industrial port with only the Carnval Excursions or the 5$ taxi ride to the "approved" Lacayna shopping area. I felt very CONTROLLED.

The decor of the Pride was just tacky.  Renaissance nudes and pink  plastic rope trim  in the elevators?  My teenagers thought the naked boys having sex with the porpioses in the Mermads Grille were odd.

Publication Date: 06/16/09