Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Vicki_RN

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
        10-12 5.0
        13-15 4.0
        16+ 4.0

Glory in the Caribbean!!!
Once again we had a wonderful vacation going on our cruise with Carnival. Our original itinerary was Costa Maya, Belize, Cozymel, and Nassau Bahama's. However, to to the Swine Flu pandemic we had a change in our itinerary and went to three ports instead..Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, and Grand Caymen. Carnvial gave each person on the ship an automatic $20 credit that will show up on the second day of your cruise. Fortunately, this change in itinerary did not bother us us too much and the $20 credit was ok. We could have also rescheduled our cruise for some other time this year but we were ready for vacation! This is our third cruise, all with Carnival and it still seems to be the best vacation we can take for the money, entertainment, and food choices for our family. Port Canaveral was a wonderful port being that it was right at Cocoa Beach with alot of nice hotels very close to the cruise terminal. We stayed at Country Inn's & Suites. It was an excellent hotel, especially for the price we paid. Our first cruise we chose a bad hotel through expedia, which ended up being in the ghetto. The second time in Tampa I made sure we had a nice hotel, therefore we stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn which was wonderful but a bit pricey for our moderate income. The third cruise we finally got it right as far as hotels go! The Country Inn's & Suites was within five minutes to the terminal in which they provided a shuttle service for a small fee (cheaper than leaving car at terminal if you drive.  Our first two cruises were out of Tampa on the Legend. I am not sure I am biased to the Legend because it was the first ship we were on and we were more familiar with it being on it two times in a row, but I still prefer the Legend.

The Glory was prettier than the Legend due to all of the immaculate colors and architecture of the ship, however the Lido deck seemed smaller and more crowded. The pools were small but refreshing at the same time. There was alot of activites going on around the pools, and if you wanted a quieter space you could head up to the sun deck where you could catch a nice breeze where you couldn't on the Lido. The downside to the sundeck was that you had to travel lots of stairs to go to and from the pools (this is good to burn the chocolate melting cake off!). The Camel Club Casino was a nice  open space to gamble in, we noticed that people seemed to win more money in the beginning of the cruise than the latter. Who knows if there is any truth to that, we had fun regardless in the casino. The White Heat Dance Club was interesting. It was a great place to people watch, which most clubs are good for anyway. The good and bad thing is that they play a variety of music, so if your used to dancing to just hip hop you may want to brush up on your 70's and 80's.

My 18 year old spent alot of time hanging on the Lido deck with her friend who went with us as well. My 12 year old hung out with the Circle C clubbers. She thought it was a little boring, but to their credit she didn't participate in all of the activities. The two shows we attended which was the show something like the Newlywed Game and the magic show were really good. Service in the Golden Restaraunt was amazing thanks to our headwaitress Rosanna and her assistant Victorino. They made our cruise so much more enjoyable. On the downside, we only had Lobster and Prime Rib one night verses the two nights they were offered on previous cruises. Our room steward was great as well! The only bad thing we can say about the service is that if you don't drink alcohol the bartenders have no time for you when you present your coke card to them for a coke (which is the only place to get a coke unless you want to pay for it with roomservice). There are only two shops on the ship, wish they had more! FYI: the Roman Glass Jewelry is beautiful, but it damages the glass if it gets wet....they didn't tell me this when I bought it, but did include it in the written material that they gave me. Fortunatley there were no hassels when I returned it undamaged. Luckily I read the information before I washed my hands and got the ring wet!

Publication Date: 06/08/09