Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by ac&dcintx

Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 8E
Spa & Fitness 5+

Fun, Love, and Sunsets at Sea
We stayed at a local hotel in the area that offerred cruise parking much cheaper than the Port of Call ($25 vs. $70).  We decided to do this based on other reviews we read about getting in and out of the parking lots there.  This was a great decision.  With the cab rides and parking we still paid $65, but we were in a cab and back to the hotel with no problems or wait time.

We got to the port around 11:30 and boarded quite smoothly.  The lines were a little long, but they moved us through quickly.  If you get there that early remember you can't go to your stateroom until 1-1:30 pm.  This was not a problem because it gave you the opportunity to explore the ship and start the fun with food and drinks.  I recommend not carrying on too much, so that you don't have to carry or keep up with them, while you wait to go into your room.

Our room was just off the Lido Deck with a Balcony.  We loved the location!  It was convienient for anywhere you wanted to go on the boat, especially at night when you got a little hungry!  The room had 3 closets with shelving, 4 drawers, a couple of cabinets, and a mini bar.  I recommend having them unlock your mini bar even if you think you won't use it.  We used it to keep our wine and drinks cold.

We were a little disappointed that due to the Swine Flu, we weren't going to be going to Cozmel, but we made the most out of our extra day at sea.  Our port of calls were Montego Bay, Jamica and Grand Cayman Islands.  It was a fun time at both!

The entertainment on the boat was pretty good for the most part.  In the lobby, the band and entertainment wasn't that great.  The decks and other various clubs were a lot of fun!  We tried to get into see the comedy show, but the area that they held it in was a small venue and impossible to get a seat, so we weren't able to see the shows.

The food on the boat was average.  What we really enjoyed was the "The Point Supper Club".  The cost was $30 a person and well worth the money and service.  The food was excellent, as well.  You have to try to make reservations at least 2 weeks in advance before the cruise, but we did hear others that were able to get a reservation anyway once they got on the boat.

The debarking of the boat comes really early on Sunday morning.  I recommend packing the night before if you can.  We didn't and I ended up overlooking a drawer.  I also, overlooked my braclet that was tucked under a space in the safe.  I didn't realize this till we were back to our car and driving down the road.  I immediately called the cruise line and was told lost and found was closed on the weekend and we would need to wait till Monday to call.  I called them first thing on Monday and was assured that when they clean the cabin the safe was the first thing they check and then the rest of the room.  I gave them descriptions of the items left and was given a reference number.  They did warn me it would take 2-3 weeks for it to be registered and returned back to me.

I waited 3 1/2 weeks and called lost and found, only to find out that there had not been anything found.  Now I found this a little disturbing considering these items were left in a drawer and a safe.  The items weren't lost on the boat, which I could understand if that was the case.  Carnival told me "well we aren't responsible for your lost items".  Again, there was no way they could have cleaned our room without finding the items.  So what happend to them?

Overall the cruise was great!  Just a reminder check and double check possible items left behind.

Publication Date: 06/06/09