Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by hordan71: My First Cruise!

hordan71
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

My First Cruise!

Sail Date: May 2009

Where to begin here!

5/16-5/23
Friday Night was spent In Miami At the Mariott Hotel.  Accomodations were gorgeous, The room was big and spacious!  Food was pretty expensive, but worth the money for sure!

Boarding the cruise was actually very painless.  We didn't have to wait around at all.  We arrived early around 1030 to board the ship.  Getting through security was not hard at all.  We only waited about 20 minutes to actually board the ship where we headed right for lunch.  Lunch was at the windjammer which is a giant buffet.  If you can't find something to eat in the windjammer you must be crazy.  There are countless options for breakfast, Lunch, and even dinner!  Not to mention iced tea, water, and lemonade are supplied!  They also offer the Soda cup the first day ONLY for you soda drinkers out there.  I headed to the pool after lunch to catch some rays... There are basically 3 areas of More pools.  The first one is called the H20 zone where mainly the familys with children seemed to hang out.  Than the center pool seems to be where the younger teenagers to 30's seemed to hang out.  and than there is an adult pool where it seemed like married couples seemed to hang out.   There are hottubs gallore!  The only complaint I had about the pools were there was  like "prime" realestate surround the pools with the chairs.  It was hard to find someplace to sit around the pool if you wanted to be close.

Our Cabin had a Balcony which i must say was really nice to have.  You can sit out there at any point of the day and just take in the seas!  I was stuck in a room with my parents.  The couch pulled out into a bed.  And the only complaint i had of the room was the lack of room after the bed was pulled out.  There was no room to traverse especially at night.  So i could be sleeping and if my parents wnted to go to the bathroom they essentially had to climb over me to get to the room.  other wise the attendants and room was really nice.

During the day they have activities such as rock climbing, basketball, the infamous Flow rider which is a surfing/boogy boarding simulator, Mini Golf, Basketball, Dodgeball, Simulated golf, sexy leg competitions, dancing on the pool deck, all were so much fun!  There is also a day spa which is pretty pricey but well worth it from what im told.  There is also an extensive gym which i went to a few times.

Dinner was of course very elegant.  I do have to say one of my only complaints about the whole week was the service issued by our service staff.  The wait on some things just seemed like it took forever!  They seemed pretty overwhelmed at times.  But regardless the service was still about average.  And the food was magnificent.  I tended to try different things that i had never consumed before at dinner.  We were seated at the Rembrant dining room which was just gorgeous.  Although stuffing 7 of us at a tiny dinner table was not prudent.  I definitly felt cramped at times..

The night life was always happening.  We usually ended up going to the piano bar every night where a guy plays songs and everyone basically sings along.  Theres also a night club/Dance club called the catacombs which is usually hopping with people aged 18-35.  there is a martini bar, a karaokee bar, a salsa bar.  Just about a bar for anyones taste.  The shows at night times are priceless,  They have a 70's dance night which is a huge party in the promenade (the main center of the boat).  A "village people" crew dances and lip sings.  Also an 80's dance night, a newly wed game, and a game show night are some attractions.  Entertainment was an A+ in my book.

Im sure i am forgetting something about this cruise but it was definitly something to remember.  I would recommend the Liberty of the Seas to anyone who is thinking about cruising

Our First port was Labadee, Haiti  I didn't see it listed on there port list.  We started off the excursion getting tendered to the island.  We did jet ski's which i really enjoyed!  They tend to go really really fast for you thrill seekers out there.  The seas in haiti however do tend to get choppy so if you want to get some air on your jet ski you'll have no problems!  After the jet ski's we went for some beach time.  you HAVE to wear water shoes on this island seeing as how its pretty shelly and rocky in the seas.  The water was really nice also.  Lunch was supplied by RCCL which was your basic hamburg hotdog, Ribs feast.  Iced tea and fruit punch were supplied.  My only complaint from this island was the haitian flea market.  The People there just HARASS you into trying to buy things.  You can just be minding your own business and next thing you know they have put two bracelets and a necklace on you and try to get you to buy them.  You can definitly haggle prices if that is your thing, but im warning you its a pretty uncomfortable situation even if you just want to look at the merchandise.

We stayed in CocoCay our last excursion day.  what a gorgeous private island this is..  Water is crystal clear.  Beaches are gorgeous,  There is a nature trail which is very well kept and has some wildlife.  this was a beach day and we took advantage of it getting in some snorkeling and swimming.  lunch was provided by royal carribean.  I truely have nothing bad to say about the island.  Just a gorgeous place.  The shopping here was adequate, no one hassles you at all Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 6330

This was a great island to go on.  everything is gorgeous, shopping was very good.  We did the Jeep Excursion which was pretty fun.  You take your jeep on the main roads for a bit,  do a bit of off roading and beach driving.  Stops in Hell and the rumcake factory were quite interesting.  I talked to several other people who swam with the rays and dolphins and loved it.  I did almost all of my souvenirs here.  Prices were very reasonable.  My only complaint here was it was a shortened day by a supposed storm that never came so our excursion time was cut in 1/2.  I coulda spent another 2 days in the caymans!

We hired a tour guide to take us to various different things on the island.  We went to Dunn's River falls which was spectacular.  Its definitly the one thing you have to do in Ochos Rios.  The climb is not terrible and they make a pretty funny video the whole time your climbing.  The water is Cold, but enjoyable on a hot day.  next we did some river tubing which was pretty enjoyable.  it was a short ride and I personally got asked quite a few times about buying some illegal drugs from locals.  lunch was not provided by Royal Carribean but we still enjoyed "jerk" everything from the island. Shopping was not very good here.  It seemed like everything was steep in prices and had just about the same things everywhere.  Overall it was an enjoyable day