Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by jaxflygirl88: Awesome vacation week on Freedom of the Seas!

jaxflygirl88
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Awesome vacation week on Freedom of the Seas!

Sail Date: May 2009
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I just got back from our 2nd RC cruise.  Our first was on the Mariner of the Seas, Western Caribbean in Oct. 2006, balcony cabin as well.

The FREEDOM OF THE SEAS is an amazing ship.  I have to admit I liked the decor better on the Mariner of the Seas.  The artwork on Freedom was very strange and unappealing.  I loved the cantelivered hot tubs.  What an incredible view of the ocean from up there.  Very relaxing.  We love the free ice cream on the pool deck, we enjoyed that many times.
Our cabin was on deck 9, the very last balcony on the starboard side.  We loved it. very private, however it is an adjoining room and was missing the couch I was anticipating, instead there was a small chair there so not to block the adjoining door w/ couch.  I missed the couch!

The food in the MDR was just OK. Seems like the food isn't as good as it used to be.  I have cruised on Disney 2 x before and the food More was much better on Disney than RC.  However, we ate at Chops, one time and Portofinos two times on this cruise and it was awesome!! Worth the extra money!  The service is incredible also.  We enjoyed the sandwiches late night at the Cafe Promenade.  cookies were good also!  We participated in My Time Dining because we were not able to get the early dining option and this worked out great for us!

Don't miss the 70's dance party on the promenade.   A lot of fun!  Our cruise director, Richard Spacey was awesome!!  As of this week he is leaving FREEDOM and will be going to the new OASIS in the fall.  He is incredible and will keep you laughing!  Best C/D ever!!

Don't miss the men's belly flop contest by the pool!  Very funny!
Shows:  The comedien IMO was not good at all.  The MARQUIS show was OK, but the show ONCE UPON A TIME, was great!!  The LOVE AND MARRIAGE show was hilarious!  Don't miss that.  The ice show, IMO was much better on the mariner.  This show, called Freeomice.com has a 70's theme w/ lots of 70's music.  I don't like that era and didn't care for the music or costumes.

This ship is great, and I would cruise on her again for sure! Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroo, Deck 7 9396

Cabin was great, number 9396, balcony on starboard side, all the way at the end of the hall.  Very quite.  Very comfortable bed, flat screen tv was awesome.

St. Maarten had a very eurpean feel but parts are very run down.  We took an all day tour through Bernard's tours and he was great.  I'm glad we got to see the whole island but wish we would have had more time at Orient Beach. A gorgeous beach, we really enjoyed it!  We also went to Maho beach which is adjacent to the airport and watched the planes come in right over our heads.  That was cool!  Don't miss that!  The water is beautiful turqoise color and the beaches are sugary white.

We took the island tour by Sunny Liston tours.  Great tour and a lot of fun.  We went to Magen's Bay beach which I totally recommend!  Beautiful beach.  Very relaxing.  Paradise!
Did not go downtown to shop but shopped a few of the shops by the pier.

Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews