MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by snookymom: Fabulous Cruise

Compare Prices on MSC Orchestra Bermuda Cruises

Fabulous Cruise

Sail Date: April 2009
Destination: Bermuda

Embarkation- Went great. We arrived about 1PM & were on the ship in 20 minutes. We were given a notice that said our room was ready so we went to check it out. Our room steward came & introduced herself & said to let her know if we needed anything.

Cabin- 9054- We knew how big it would be when we booked it & it was fine. Our balcony had a partially obstructed view & was bigger as a result of the location. The room was immaculate & was kept that way. As far as we could tell it was serviced 3 times a day. We unpacked, had plenty of room for everything & stored our luggage under the bed. I immediately tried the safe & couldn't get it open but a quick stop at the information desk to request help More solved the problem. Somebody was there within 10 minutes. The entire ship was immaculate but they weren't obnoxious about keeping it that way.

We loved the lounges. All were beautifully decorated with the Savannah Bar being our favorite. We enjoyed the entertainment in all of them. The shows were great. They were better than some of the shows we have seen in Vegas. Most nights the theatre was full. We even got to go to a classical piano concert one day.  The entertainment team did a great job & was very friendly. We saw them throughout the day & enjoyed then dancing in the Savannah Bar at night. The casino & I had issues but we did see somebody win $2500. So she had good issues. We did wish for a non smoking area at the slot machines but it wasn't bad enough to make me put my money in my pocket & leave.

Food- We thought it was delicious. We learned from some previous cruisers to go to the back of the buffet for breakfast & lunch. There was a wonderful variety & some unusual things to try. We were seated in the Ibisquis dining room for dinner. We were lucky enough to have Agoud for waiter & Novri for our assistant. We never saw the head waiter or maitre'd but I can't say we missed them. Everything we were served was exactly as described on the menu. They loved showing off the pasta & many times brought my husband a plate to "try" in addition to what he had ordered. Thanks to a CC tip I ordered a drink on my way to the dining room every night. Our water glasses were filled as soon as we sat down.

Bermuda was fantastic & we can't wait to go back but would like to be there a little longer next time. Nassau is not our favorite but if we wanted to go to Bermuda we didn't have a choice!

Debarkation- Seemed kind of hectic but we haven't figured out what they could have done to improve it. The luggage was stacked according to color but maybe a little more of a delay in calling the next color would have made it less confusing. Somebody in line told us that other lines just put it all in a pile & you have to find it. What a mess.

Our disappointments were the obnoxious cruisers; just because you have grey hair doesn't mean you can be unkind & demanding, it is a vacation not a punishment. Most people lacked elevator etiquette, we were taught to move to the back upon entering, not this bunch. If we had been large we wouldn't have been able to get in.  We never saw an officer who looked at people or smiled. It seemed like the epaulets took away the people skills.  As has been discussed before there is a definite lack of programs for kids but improvements are expected. Were any of these enough to ruin our trip, absolutely not.

Were we happy yes. Would we cruise on this line again yes. There were 38 in our group & everyone had a wonderful time. Less

Read more MSC Orchestra cruise reviews >>