“Not as Glorious as we had expected!”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

kodeman86 Carnival Glory 3 Not as Glorious as we had expected!
kodeman86
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was my second cruise, but first with Carnival. We flew in same day, and took a shuttle (Cocoa Beach Shuttles) to the port.  Although once we were picked up, the service was very good, I wouldn't recommend them.  We waited over 2 hours for the shuttle to show up, even after 4 phone calls to the company where they promised us they would be there shortly.

Embarkation was super easy, and we were on in about 30-45 minutes.  Everyone was very nice and very helpful.  We were supposed to be cruising to the western Caribbean, however due to the H1N1 virus; we ended up taking the eastern route.

Our cabin steward said hi, and smiled each time we saw him, but was not overly friendly.  We never were able to get his name as he would quickly walk away after saying hi.  Overall the service on the ship was good, but not great.  Everyone smiled and said hello, but we didn't meet many employees who wanted to engage in conversation.

Our room was nice, however it seemed very small compared to our room on our Princess cruise.  Overall the ship needs some cosmetic repairs.  There were lots of scrapes on walls, gouges in the floors, and other things that were beginning to look worn down.  I thought it looked a lot older that it's actual age.

The major disappointment on this trip was the food.  We felt the buffet food was worse than eating at Old Country Buffet.  The food was typically cold, and had very little taste.  The dining room was a bit better, but the servings were very small, and I actually left still hungry some nights.  The dessert options were very limited compared to my last cruise.

Although the weather was fairly good, the ship rocked like crazy.  I spoke with many (20-30) different people who all commented on how much the ship was rocking with the weather being as good as it was.  We really wondered if the stabilizers were working.  I took Dramamine 2 nights when I started feeling woozy, but I know many people were struggling to deal with motion sickness.

There was also not a lot of action on the ship, unless you gamble or are willing to wade through the smoke to get into the bars.  For being a "Fun Ship" we noticed there wasn't a lot of fun going on.  We previously sailed on Princess Cruise Lines, and there was a lot more action on that ship than there was on Glory.

Overall we had a good trip.  We really enjoyed all the ports, although we only had 2 weeks to plan due to the itinerary change.  We wondered around Nassau on our own, went to an amazing beach in St. Thomas, and took at tour of St. Martin with Bernard.

I will say that the comedian's were excellent.  We made sure to hit every one of their shows, and all 3 were great.

We would not take a cruise on Carnival again.  Overall we felt the quality of food/activities/ship were just not worth it.  We love cruising though, and are definitely going to be going again, just on a different line.

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?