Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by landp4ever

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by landp4ever
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: landp4ever
Cruise Date: May 2009
Embarkation: Honolulu
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: E
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Magnificient Millenium
My husband, sister and I spent a wonderful 12 nights onboard the Millenium on a repostioning, ocean crossing adventure!  We had read disturbing information about the condition of the Millenium, but was happy to see she was in great shape, even though she was going in for an update right after our cruise was over.  Our room was always clean and well cared for and all public areas were immaculate.  Our favorite was the Platnium Lounge.  It's crystal lights and deep purple and shiny silver color palate was beautiful.  Boarding the ship was a piece of cake - everything went very fast with no hitches.  We were greeted with a lovely fresh lei upon arrival which stayed fresh looking for an amazing number of days.  We had a delicious Welcome Aboard Lunch and then found our lovely room.  We had a balcony cabin that featured a very large deck.  My sister had an inside directly across from us that was just as clean and lovely as ours.  We found the food in the buffet area about as good as can be expected with the number of people eating everyday. The waffles and french toast are wonderful and we grew quite fond of the nachos and cheese out by the pool.  Everyone was freindly and there was always a clean table to sit at.  One interesting note:  For the first 3 or 4 days of the cruise there was no coffee cream, only milk.  We asked several times and there was none to be found.  One of the servers suggested we ask at Guest Relations so we went down and asked the girl at the desk.  She seemed puzzled and said there was milk in single serving containers in the buffet area and I said that I was actually asking for cream  She then said, "I am not sure what you mean.  What is cream?"  Hmmmm.   I gave up and just asked if I could have a card to fill in.  The next day the cream made an appearence and was there for the rest of the cruise. The dining room (once we cleared up some confusion about which seating and what size table) was great.  Food was excellent and well presented.  Our servers were a little off at the start but things improved as the cruise went on.  We had wonderful table mates and had many laughs every night!  The entertainment was okay - a bit boring and we chose not to go to some of the shows, but the singers and dancers were good.  Seeing the costumes makes it worth going.  The pool area was wonderful and we swam and tanned and rested....it was great!  We ate once in the Olympic restaurant.  It has a beautiful decor and it was well worth going.  Service was amazing and the food was out of this world.  We had a great tour of the galley by the head chef.  It was so clean and organized.  What an amazing operation!  The musical entertainment in the lounges were none too exciting.  I am not sure how one is hired to perform on the cruise ships - if there are auditions I might just try out myself.  Although I can't carry much of a tune, I think I could do as good as some of the ones I have seen over the past few years. The shops were a bit boring after the first few days - lots (almost too much) jewelry and very little in the way of clothing, etc.  This can be a good thing as one has a milder shock at the end of the crusie!!   The ship's captain gave an update every day at noon.  Or I think it was an update - it was hard to tell.  It was Greek to me!! :-)  All in all it was an amazing holiday and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I wish I could see the Millenium now - it spent 2 weeks in Victoria, B.C. getting a face lift.  I thought it was a wonderful ship before - now it must be amazing!

Publication Date: 05/28/09