Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by landp4ever: Magnificient Millenium

Magnificient Millenium

Sail Date: May 2009
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

My husband, sister and I spent a wonderful 12 nights onboard the Millenium on a repostioning, ocean crossing adventure!  We had read disturbing information about the condition of the Millenium, but was happy to see she was in great shape, even though she was going in for an update right after our cruise was over.  Our room was always clean and well cared for and all public areas were immaculate.  Our favorite was the Platnium Lounge.  It's crystal lights and deep purple and shiny silver color palate was beautiful.  Boarding the ship was a piece of cake - everything went very fast with no hitches.  We were greeted with a lovely fresh lei upon arrival which stayed fresh looking for an amazing number of days.  We had a delicious Welcome Aboard Lunch and then found our lovely room.  We had a balcony cabin that featured a very large deck.  My sister had an inside directly across from us that was just as clean and lovely as ours.  We More found the food in the buffet area about as good as can be expected with the number of people eating everyday. The waffles and french toast are wonderful and we grew quite fond of the nachos and cheese out by the pool.  Everyone was freindly and there was always a clean table to sit at.  One interesting note:  For the first 3 or 4 days of the cruise there was no coffee cream, only milk.  We asked several times and there was none to be found.  One of the servers suggested we ask at Guest Relations so we went down and asked the girl at the desk.  She seemed puzzled and said there was milk in single serving containers in the buffet area and I said that I was actually asking for cream  She then said, "I am not sure what you mean.  What is cream?"  Hmmmm.   I gave up and just asked if I could have a card to fill in.  The next day the cream made an appearence and was there for the rest of the cruise. The dining room (once we cleared up some confusion about which seating and what size table) was great.  Food was excellent and well presented.  Our servers were a little off at the start but things improved as the cruise went on.  We had wonderful table mates and had many laughs every night!  The entertainment was okay - a bit boring and we chose not to go to some of the shows, but the singers and dancers were good.  Seeing the costumes makes it worth going.  The pool area was wonderful and we swam and tanned and rested....it was great!  We ate once in the Olympic restaurant.  It has a beautiful decor and it was well worth going.  Service was amazing and the food was out of this world.  We had a great tour of the galley by the head chef.  It was so clean and organized.  What an amazing operation!  The musical entertainment in the lounges were none too exciting.  I am not sure how one is hired to perform on the cruise ships - if there are auditions I might just try out myself.  Although I can't carry much of a tune, I think I could do as good as some of the ones I have seen over the past few years. The shops were a bit boring after the first few days - lots (almost too much) jewelry and very little in the way of clothing, etc.  This can be a good thing as one has a milder shock at the end of the crusie!!   The ship's captain gave an update every day at noon.  Or I think it was an update - it was hard to tell.  It was Greek to me!! :-)  All in all it was an amazing holiday and I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I wish I could see the Millenium now - it spent 2 weeks in Victoria, B.C. getting a face lift.  I thought it was a wonderful ship before - now it must be amazing! Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium 7049

The cabin we were in was great.  Number 7049 with a huge balcony with two loungers, two chairs and a small table and still lots of room.  Very comforatble beds, nice bedding and a very large shower.  It was roomy enough and lots of space to put all the clothes we thought we were going to need for a 12 night cruise (which were far too many).  Our cabin steward was very good and all our needs were met with a smile.  Excellent accomodatioins.

(5.5)
There isn't a negative thing one could say about any of the ports in Hawaii.  There is something for everyone no matter what your tastes are or your budget is.  Hilo offers a look at an active volcano as well as beautiful beaches.  Again, very friendly people and no pressure anywhere to buy things, take tours, etc.  The evening we left the Captain took us close to a volcanic area where there was lava flowing into the ocean.  It was an amazing sight and one that we'll never forget.  We took lots of pictuers but they don't do it justice.  It was truly amazing!

Read 269 Hilo Reviews

This was our embarkation port.  The ship stayed overnight which gave us lots of time to see the area.  Honolulu is a beautiful, friendly place.  The beaches are beautiful, the Market Place shopping area was fun and it was very easy to get around by The Bus and other shuttle services.  And did I mention the ABC store?  You can't miss it and if you do there is another one and another one and another one.......  Things are a bit pricey.  We were looking for some toothpaste and found some for $10.00 a tube!!  We really enjoyed Honolulu and would love to visit again.  There are wonderful tourist attractions such as Diamond Head, Pearl Harbour, etc.  Great place!

Read 264 Honolulu Reviews

(5.5)
Another great port.  The Islands are so different from one another!  We took a tour with a wonderful girl named Lisa who showed us around the Island.  This Island is different from one side to the next - totally different scenery and landscape.  We visited a coffee plantation, the twin waterfalls....and there are chickens everywhere!!  It was a very entertaining and informative 4 hours and very reasonably priced.  There were lots of tours available once we got off the ship as well as ones you could book with the ship.  Lots of choices!
Read 236 Kauai Reviews

(5.5)

This was a tendered port and I must say, this was the easiest tender experience we have ever had.  There was a really nice shopping area when we got off the ship which was fun to tour through.  We took a van tour and visited the Kona Coffee Plantation, the site where Captain Cook was killed, the Painted Church, a macadamian nut plantation and more.  The fellow who took us around was informative and very relaxed and again it was inexpensive.  Weather was beautiful  - who could ask for more?

Read 164 Kona Reviews

Our last port before our 5 days at sea back to Vancouver was Maui.  We stayed overnight at this port as well, whcih gave us lots of time to tour the Island.  We went to a luau on the beach which was fantastic - don't miss one if you go to Hawaii.  We also rented a car and drove around the Island which we could do at our own pace.  This was also a tendered port and it was very well done!

Read 164 Kona Reviews