Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by buddboy: Splendor, not so splendid

Splendor, not so splendid

Sail Date: May 2009
Destination: British Columbia
Embarkation: Los Angeles

This was our 17th cruise our 7th on Carnival.  So, unfortunately we have many other ships to compare.  We, tried not to compare and just enjoy.  But, there was alot of unhappy people to listen to.

It starts at the embarkation.  For one thing the ship was full (over3000) and they didn't start to board until almost 1pm.  So, between 1 and 5p all were trying to board.  Get the picture.Ha

The Lido buffet food was alright but it is to small for that size ship.  The lines were always long it was difficult to walk with your tray to a table.  People would stop and five people would collide.

The food, we were a group of 7 our steaks never came cooked as we asked.  We would cut into them and trade them around as good as we could.  We were served bread once and never offered more.   We had to ask every night for sour cream for the baked potatoes. On prime rib night we had to also ask for horseradish and More wait forever for them to bring it.  The servers were very nice.  But even he said the kitchen was a mess everyone at once trying to get the dinners.

Our room was a lido deck balcony.  It was just like the Spirit and Pride.  Well, I hate to write so much negative but I want to give you a heads up.
One stranger we sat by at lunch said the crew just seemed down.  I also found the smiles except in the dining room few and far between.   I don't know if they had just got off a bad time with all the port changes and people being so unhappy or what.

I will be interested in future reviews of the Splendor.  Because I've never been ready to get off a ship as much as this time. and I have been on many 12 and 14 day cruises.   So good sailing to all. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Balcony Lido 9217

Took a 5 hour bus tour to parks , China town,, wharf.   Very interesting.   But really reminded me of San Francisco.